General Foreman / Site Supervisor - Road Improvement
Rates: £200.00 - £250.00 per shift CIS/LTD Company
Duration: 20 weeks
Currently looking for a General Foreman / Site Supervisor to work within a live road environment. The role is to supervise up to 20 operatives on site and ensure the work is done to a high and safe standard.
- Undertake and record weekly SHE inspections across their operations, ensuring that the findings and actions identified are documented and closed out within appropriate timescales.
- Ensuring that appropriate RAMS and permits etc are in place and briefed to all affected parties (including sub-contractors) before work starts, and that the safe systems of work therein are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure safe digging practices are being followed including the issuing of permits to dig
- Deliver start of shift briefings including any Toolbox Talks/ Safety Briefings as required, ensuring all staff on site have received and understood the information delivered and have completed/ signed the register
- Manage all sub-contractors and site visitors and ensure their safety during works
- Ensuring that all plant, machinery, and equipment (including hired) is fit for purpose and that the required daily inspections are carried out.
- Complete weekly plant return for plant under their remit
- Keep PM / Site Manager informed of any changes to works scope, programme, issues preventing works being carried out in line with tendered outputs so changes can be raised with the Client
- Plan be responsible for and co-ordinate site works in accordance with the instructions of the client and their Contracts Manager. Keep the associated Site Works Plan(s) / Project Management Plan(s) Construction phase plans up to date
- Civils / Construction experience (Highways)
- Experience in Drainage / Earthworks / Road Construction
- CSCS Supervisor Card
- First Aid Certification
If you are interested in the position please contact Joe Lunt on 0161 829 3980.