Job Title: Site Safety Engineer (HS2 - RC)
Location: Buckinghamshire / Northamptonshire
Sector: HS2, RC, Reinforced Concrete, Green Tunnels, Precast Concrete Assembly
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q2 / Q3 2021
Salary: Circa £40,000 to £50,000 Per Annum + Package
** (Base salary can be negotiated on level/relevant experience)
Our client, a large Civil Engineering contractor, is currently recruiting a Site Quality Engineer for their HS2 team, to help deliver Green Tunnel packages on the HS2 scheme. The works are being carried out in the central section of HS2 (Northamptonshire / Buckinghamshire) and include the preparation and pouring of reinforced concrete slabs (RC), the assembly of precast concrete tunnel segments and the re-use of excavated material (cut-and-cover).
The role would suit an experienced Quality Engineer / Senior Engineer / QC Engineer, who has a strong background in heavy civil engineering (with strong RC / Reinforced Concrete experience), who is interested in working on the HS2 scheme over the coming years. This position will provide the opportunity to join a growing team, getting onboard with the works from inception, providing input into processes and procedures, to ensure work is delivered effectively and safely.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Taking responsibility at construction site level, for all safety requirements and reporting, ensuring all works is completed in a safe manner.
- Instructing subcontractors and internal staff / labour, on the safety requirements on site.
- Ensure subcontractors and internal labour comply with the safety requirements, in accordance with work instructions and method statements.
- Monitoring work methodologies at site level, identifying areas of concern or improvement.
- Maintaining company safety standards.
- Participating in progress meetings with the commercial team and client.
Candidates will ideally have:
- Circa 5+ years' experience overseeing safety on construction projects, including day to day works.
- Experience of working with construction teams delivering RC / reinforced concrete works (RC slabs, insitu concrete and precast concrete works etc).
- A strong working knowledge of CDM Regulations, being fully conversant with requirements of Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015.
- The ability to understand work instructions and RAMS, as well as other associated construction documentation.
- Good communication, presentation and organisational skills
For more information or to apply for this role, please apply for the role online initially, or connect with Tim Smyth at Anderselite, via LinkedIn.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.