Site Manager required to support the growing portfolio and order book of my client. Based out of their office in Leeds, the successful Site Manager will be based out of this office with usual work being Yorkshire or the Northwest.
The core discipline of my client's work is civil engineering and the rail sectors. The portfolio of work will be delivering a variety of projects that range from earthworks and embankment stabilisation schemes to major structural projects such as bridge refurbs and footbridge replacements.
My client is seeking an experienced individual who will manage rail structures schemes such as earthworks and scour works on a day-to-day basis, managing, paperwork, materials, equipment, labour, and sub-contractors.
Your experience will require you to always prepare and implement site specific management plans with an emphasis on the importance of health & safety.
A strong background in earthworks and scour works will be essential to becoming successful in this role. As well as strong people management skills which will enable you to provide guidance and practical advice to site personnel for the competent execution of the contract works.
- Manage Network Rail and rail related infrastructure contracts
- Responsible for quality of works on site
- Update weekly progress on site programme and site drawings & share with Project / Contracts Managers
- Plan, coordinate & motivate effective deployment of allocated personnel and resources
- Accept, control & reconcile works materials and equipment
- Implement site safety documentation & contract plans to achieve the clients' requirements & specification
- Promote & implement site specific management plans to ensure site activities comply with The client's policies
- Provide guidance & advice to site personnel for competent execution of contract works
- Liaise with the Contract / Project Managers at all stages of works
- Analyse & report contract performance weekly reports and weekly returns. Monitor cost against budget, identify progress of works against programme. Liaise with Project Manager & Commercial team to enable financial recovery in conjunction with Site Supervisor / Foreman
- Manage site sub-contractors & sign timesheets for work completed
- Administration / completion of site paperwork, records & head office returns
- Liaise with client personnel as required
- Proven experience managing work sites and teams
- Civils background - Essential
- Earthworks / scour experience
- Experience managing day to day operations on multiple schemes
- NR Projects experience (rail background)
- Civil Engineering qualifications (HNC / HND)
- ILM 3 / above
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.