Site Manager – Yorkshire/East Midlands/Lancashire
My client is looking to appoint a Site Manager to their growing Civil Engineering Company. The client is a heavy civils contractor specializing in the waterways and water infrastructure sectors. With a commitment to excellence, they pride themselves on delivering high-quality projects. As a Site Manage, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing and managing our construction sites, ensuring the successful completion of heavy civils schemes. As a Site Manager, you will report directly to the Project Manager and serve as the most senior on-site representative.
- Supervision and management of both direct and indirect labor.
- Ensuring strict adherence to statutory requirements such as CDM and other HSE legislation.
- Implementation and enforcement of safe work practices and systems.
- Development, management, and briefing of risk assessments, method statements, and permits.
- Maintenance of meticulous records within an Inspection Test Plan (ITP) to guarantee the quality of construction.
- Documentation of site operations through photographs, written reports, and other relevant means.
- Maintenance of a safe, secure, professional, and tidy work environment, including surrounding areas and access roads.
- Management of temporary works on site, ensuring their safety and efficiency.
- Planning and monitoring of work to ensure the availability of necessary resources, including the procurement of plant and materials.
- Continuous monitoring of costs and progress, with regular reporting to the Project Manager.
- Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
The ideal candidate would posess:
- Strong IT skills.
- Excellent time management abilities.
- Team-oriented mindset.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in self-delivering heavy civils schemes.
- CITB SMSTS or NEBOSH equivalent certification.
- CSCS card.
- First aid at work certification.
- Advantageous Attributes:
- HNC or similar qualification in Construction or Civil Engineering.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- CITB Temporary Works Supervisor or Coordinator certification.
- Experience with unique or unconventional temporary works and access solutions.
If you are a driven and experienced Site Manager looking to make a significant impact in the heavy civils sector, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join our team and contribute to our mission of excellence in construction and infrastructure development. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the North of England’s largest construction companies who have exciting plans for near future in the region. For more information on this role please contact Jack Burton on 07809426902 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org