SITE MANAGER – ENVIRONMENT
HAMPSHIRE / WEST SUSSEX
An opportunity has arisen for a Site Manager to join the team within our Environment Business.
Ideally, you will based in or around the Hampshire/West Sussex area and will have the opportunity to travel across multiple sites/projects in the Region.
You will work on our Southern Water Frameworks within our Environment Business, who are experienced in successfully delivering schemes of varying sizes, predominately to the Water Industry, across both Treatment Waste and Water schemes, delivering both Design and Build.
- Co-ordinate and control initial site set-up, the ongoing construction site activities, actively installing systems and procedures
- Rigorously apply effective planning techniques, method analysis and controls to ensure the most effective and continuous use of resources and Sub-contractors
- As Site Manager you will undertake the role of Safety Supervisor as appropriate and actively maintain and enforce safety standards as required by statute and in accordance with our Safety Policies.
- You will also ensure the Commissioning, HS&E and Construction Management Plans are fully implemented and maintained.
- Recognise that Health and Safety considerations are central to all tasks and contribute to ensuring safe working environment for all
- Actively participate i business planning process. This will involve input to implement the Action Plan to achieve both short term objectives and long term strategic targets.
- Establish and maintain links with clients, determine customer satisfaction levels.
- Produce data as required to facilitate accurate reporting for inclusion in Management Board Papers.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with all Galliford Try functions to improve all levels of communication so as to benefit and support the overall business objectives.
- Plan, co-ordinate, maintain and develop staff and operative levels to effectively undertake current and prospective workloads
- Participate and actively encourage both training courses and on the job training
- Monitor and record individual performances encouraging and disciplining as and when necessary
- Provide members of the site team with clear job descriptions defining responsibilities.
- Site management experience in the water and wastewater industry.
- Proven track record of successfully leading site teams
- HND/HNC or degree (IMecE)
- First Aid
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent IT skills – with experience of using PowerPoint, excel, outlook and use of the internet
- Strong leadership and motivational skills with the drive and focus to deliver results through teams
- You will also be able to demonstrate the following key attributes.
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence, striving to delivering the best.
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships with key stakeholders. Demonstrating strong ethical standards with openness and honest.
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service, passionate, committed and enthusiastic in all that you do.
- A self-starter with a can-do attitude and a desire to pick up new challenges. Dedicated to working together to achieve results.
What We Can Offer in Return:
- We put our people first and our benefits package reflects that by offering a comprehensive range of attractive options to help support your career on top of a competitive salary.
- Generous holiday entitlement, increasing with years of service, plus the opportunity to purchase further holidays
- A wide range of corporate discount
- Cycle to Work schemes
- Comprehensive pension plan
- Regular Save as You Earn share purchase scheme
- Private medical scheme options are available for all salaried employees and our employee assistance programme also provides free 24/7 support to those who need it
- Paid for yearly membership to one recognised professional association relevant to your role