My client is looking to appoint an experienced Site Manager on a permanent basis to be based at one of their sites in either the Derby or Nottingham areas. My client is a 5-star volume house builder with an excellent track record in achieving NHBC Pride in the job awards and are renowned for delivering high standards of customer service,
The successful candidate will manage a small team of directly employed staff and co-ordinate all the subcontracted trades. They will have the responsibility for ensuring the construction process is safe; that build quality, workmanship and environmental standards are consistently high and homes are completed on time and to pre-determined cost.
- Supervise and co-ordinate staff, Sub-Contractors, material suppliers and Utility providers to ensure an efficient method of build to the required build quality and build programme.
- Scheduling work to be carried out to ensure production targets are achieved and high quality of product is maintained.
- Ensure that production targets are met whilst producing the highest quality of product and ensuring costs are kept within budget.
- Effective daily use of appropriate company Information Systems and databases.
- Comply with Site Managers responsibilities as laid down in the Group’s Health, Safety & Environment Policy and complete the relevant documentation on a weekly/monthly basis.
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Liaise with Sales department and customers to ensure the highest possible Customer Care performance/ satisfaction and complete all relevant inspections and documentation.
- Direct liaison with Sales, Technical and Commercial departments ensuring that up to date records of all site activities are retained, thereby achieving cost/quality control; and report on the same to Contracts Managers/Construction Director.
- Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise and performance manage staff to ensure staff are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the company’s needs.
Experience and qualifications
- Experience of working as a Site Manager with a high-volume residential house builder.
- Experience of effectively managing teams
- Up to date knowledge of health and safety and building legislation.
- CSCS card at Site Manager level (or equivalent).
- SMSTS certificate
- First Aid certificate
- Construction Management – HNC Level 4, HND Level 5 or NVQ Level 6 is desirable
- Valid Scaffold Appreciation certificate is desirable
Salary and benefits
- Excellent basic salary
- Company car or car allowance
- Generous bonus scheme
This is a superb opportunity to join a market leading developer who have an excellent reputation in the market place. For more information on this role please contact Paul Wilkinson on the number supplied or via email on email@example.com