Job Title: Site Engineer / Senior Site Engineer
Sectors: Water, AMP7, WTW, STW, Sewage, Waste Pipe Infrastructure, Civil Engineering
Job Type: Permanent role
Salary: £35,000 to £42,500 Per Annum + Package (Negotiable on relevant experience)
Our client, an established and leading Principal Construction Contractor operating within Civil Engineering sector, is currently looking for a Site Engineers to join their team on a permanent basis. The role sits within their water division and will initially include working on a £20+ Million Project, including:
- Construction of a 4km trunk sewer (opencut and pipejacking, including river, canal and road crossings)
- Construction of 22no shafts.
- Construction of a 25m diameter pumping station and new permanent works compound and access
- Associated rising mains and new outfall.
- Construction of 1km of new foul and surface water sewers in Stroud town centre
- Demolition and abandonment of the existing CSO, existing trunk sewer and associated manholes.
- Modification and upgrading of pumps, pipework and control for the existing storm tanks.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing drawings, spotting potential areas either for error or for value to improve programme and cost.
- Setting out, levelling and surveying the site.
- Ensuring all work completed and materials used are per specifications.
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant.
- Reviewing and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or designer.
- Liaising with project consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors etc.
- Supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors.
- Implementing quality control and health and safety matters on site and preparing reports as required.
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
Candidates will ideally:
- Have previous experience delivering AMP6 or AMP7 schemes OR other heavy civil engineering projects.
- Be conversant in setting out and surveying techniques and the use of modern instrumentation.
- Hold relevant qualifications, such as a degree/HNC/HND/NVQ.
- Hold relevant qualifications, such as CSCS, SMSTS, First Aid. (Dependent on level)
- Be I.T literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft packages and CAD.
- Have good communication and organisation skills.
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520 or via LinkedIn.