Site Engineer – Construction
Circa £50,000 per annum – open to negotiations
Exciting new job requirement just in for a Site Engineer to join a leading, industry recognised Construction, Groundworks and RC Frame Company on a permanent basis. We are looking for someone ambitious, talented, and motivated with a flexible approach to work. You will be reporting to the Contracts Manager and Area Director responsible for providing support to multiple sites around the Manchester region. This is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking to join a reputable organisation to contribute towards your professional growth and development.
Key Responsibilities –
- Undertake surveying and setting out duties.
- Check drawings and quantities.
- Schedule selected materials for ordering from the procurement department and handle Material call offs – Concrete, Steel and drainage.
- Plan the work and efficiently organise site operations in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines.
- Liaise with any consultants and sub-contractors engaged in the project as necessary.
- Supervise and monitor the site labour force and monitor the work of any sub-contrators.
- Ensure health, safety and environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Ensure quality records necessary to meeting quality requirements are maintained.
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Arrange testing of materials
- Undertake the testing and calibration of instruments used.
- Keep a site diary Assist the Project Manager with site records for progress against programme, labour, plant, materials, as-built etc and assist with progress reporting, reporting of safety incidences and contract variations.
- Introduce improvements and innovation where appropriate to areas of responsibility,
- Other duties as required by the Project Manager and those you report to.
- Prepare technical queries for submission to the Designer and Client.
- Prepare risk assessments & method statements (RAMS) when required.
- Supervise health, safety and welfare, ensuring high standards are maintained and that the site works are undertaken in compliance with the RAMS.
- Ensure and enable start of shift briefings to work force and site inductions
- Manage quality assurance procedures to ensure high standard of works are achieved, including preparation, maintenance, inspection & test plans and ensuring works compliance.
What we need from you –
- Must be degree qualified with a Construction related degree
- 3 yrs’ minimum Experience within a similar role
- SSSTS or SMSTS
- Valid CSCS card
- Knowledge of sustainable construction
- Computer skills including Excel, Word, Sharepoint
What we can offer you in return –
- The opportunity to work with an award-winning, long-standing organisation
- A great working culture and work/life balance
- Equal opportunities employer & great staff retention rate
- Clear progression and development for the right candidate
- A competitive salary & company benefits (details to be disclosed at next stage of application process)
To register your interest, please respond to this advert with a copy of your updated CV or give us a call on 02380 219108 and ask to speak to ‘Nikita’ for more information.