About the Client: They are a leading Tier One Rail Contractor, renowned for our commitment to excellence in rail infrastructure projects. With a rich history of delivering high-profile rail projects across the United Kingdom, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, quality, and innovation. We are currently seeking a highly motivated Freelance Site Engineer to join the team based in Huddersfield.
Key tasks include:
- Communicating effectively at all levels including site management, technical specialists, commercial staff, planners, engineers, supervisory staff operatives, suppliers, third parties and client representatives.
- Maintaining and promoting high personal standards in health and safety.
- Maintaining high standards in environmental awareness and behaviour.
- Driving quality delivery through effective planning and right first time delivery.
- Supervising and mentoring assistant, trainee engineering and technician staff.
- Monitoring and recording delivery against the agreed programme and construction methods.
- Formally requesting any missing information in sufficient time to meet the programme.
- Ensuring that works are accurately and clearly set out before work commences.
- Assist in preparing "look ahead" programmes in conjunction with the supervisory staff, coordinated with overall site programme.
- Identifying, recording and reporting change to the scope of works or programme.
- Ensuring that testing / sampling of materials is carried out as required by the specification.
Who are we looking for?
- Ensuring work records are being kept and in line with the project requirements.
- Provide accurate setting out for works before work is programmed to commence, allowing time for independent checking.
- Arrange formal checking of setting out and ensure check request form is completed.
- Ensure that material delivery tickets are passed to the section engineer for cost coding.
- Carry out site measures for control and ordering of materials.
- Take receipt of materials and check description, quantity, markings and condition before signing for receipt.
- Ensure that comprehensive records of all resources employed on additional works are maintained and submitted for signature within 24 hours of the work being carried out.
- Complete Observation cards if you observe something unsafe, damaging to the environment or good enough.
This is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking for the next step in your career. Get in-touch to hear more 0113 242 0303, apply below or send over an up to date CV to Vicky.Rawson@anderselite.com