Job Title: Site Agent (AMP7)
Location: Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire
Sector: Water, Infrastructure, Civil Engineering
Region: Thames Water (Thames Valley)
Job Type: Permanent role
Start: Q1 2021
Salary: Circa £40,000 to £50,000 Per Annum + Package
** Base Salary is negotiable on level and relevant water experience
Our client, a growing Civil Engineering contractor, who operate within the Water sector (AMP7), has an excellent opportunity available, for a Site Agent / Site Manager, to join their team on a permanent basis, working on contracts for Thames Water (in the Thames Valley region). The successful candidate will ideally have previous experience delivering AMP6 Waste/Clean Water projects, where would has included but is not limited to: water treatment or sewage treatment work upgrades, ground and surface water production assets, pumping stations, service reservoirs, disinfection systems, chemical dosing facilities, digester facilities, phosphorus removal etc.
The role will suit candidates who have strong water experience (either Clean of Waste), who have previously delivered schemes through the AMP Framework, who are looking to joining a growing company in the region, that will offer future training and development plans, to aid in your progression.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of a project, ensuring that all works are completed in a safe manner, within budget and to the pre-agreed programme of works.
- Ensuring all worked is completed to the required standard/specification, as agreed with the end client.
- Carrying out regular site inspections, to monitor the performance of works completed on site, ensuring health & safety regulations are promoted and adhered to, throughout the construction process.
- Maintaining a site diary and other site documentation, ensuring all work is documented.
- Managing subcontractors, direct labour force, plant and material levels on site, in conjunction with the Site Foreman/Supervisor.
- Conducting regular review meetings and reporting regularly on all construction activities including budget, scheduling, personnel and other resource requirements.
- Assisting the Estimating team in the preparation of the project estimates or cost plans.
- Contributing to the planning of work, briefing project teams, contractors and suppliers on planned works.
- Working on projects from inception through to handover.
- Liaising with a range of project contracts, from stakeholders to designers, quantity surveyors, client project managers and client operations staff.
- Use of IT, programming works using MS Project (previous experience advantageous.)
- Developing client relationships and contributing to framework success.
Candidates will ideally have:
- Previous experience working within the Water industry - AMP6 Experience Ideal (Waste/Clean Water, Non-Infra/Infra).
- Worked on Design and Build projects from inception through to completion.
- A valid SMSTS Certificate, CSCS Card and First Aid Certificate. (EUSR & Temporary Works advantageous).
- Knowledge of NEC/JCT forms of contract.
- A strong understanding of HSQE and commercial / contractual processes.
- Excellent organisational & communication skills.
- Strong IT skills, including the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong management and motivating ability.
For more information or to apply for this role, please apply for the role online initially and call 0121 200 5520, or connect with Tim Smyth at Anderselite, via LinkedIn.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.