Job Title: Site Agent AMP7
Location: West Midlands / East Midlands (With Work From Home)
Sector: Water, Infrastructure, Civil Engineering
Regions: Severn Trent Water
Start: Q3 2021
Job Type: Permanent role
Salary: £40,000 to £48,000 Per Annum + Package (Negotiable on level & relevant experience)
Our client, a growing Civil Engineering contractor who operate within the Water sector, have an excellent opportunity available for a Site Agent to join their team on a permanent basis. The role will entail working on contracts for one of their key clients: Severn Trent Water, delivering major infrastructure and non-infrastructure Water schemes around the region, including but not limited to clean and wastewater treatment works (WTW, WwTW, STW). The successful candidate will ideally have prior Civils and Water experience.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Managing the day to day site operations of Severn Trent Water projects, ensuring construction works are conducted in a safe manner, within budget, on schedule and in accordance with the appropriate standards, specifications, and regulatory requirements.
- Carrying out regular inspections to monitor performance and ensure HSQE throughout the construction process.
- Planning and programming construction works.
- Maintaining the site diary.
- Managing labour, plant, and materials on site in conjunction with the Foreman.
- Managing subcontractors on site, direct labour and resource planning.
- Conducting review meetings and reporting regularly on all construction activities including budget, scheduling, personnel, and other resource requirements.
- Assisting the estimating team in the preparation of project estimates and cost plans.
- Contributing to work planning, briefing project teams, contractors and suppliers.
- Day to day management of projects.
- Full handover of projects.
Candidates will ideally have:
- Previous experience working within the Water sector, as a Site Agent / Site Manager, on AMP6 / AMP7 design and build projects.
- A relevant qualification, such as a degree in Civil Engineering. (Or similar)
- Relevant site qualifications, such as a CSCS Card, SMSTS Certificate, Lifting AP etc.
- Mixed Civil Engineering and MEICA knowledge, ideally having worked up from an Engineering background.
- Worked on water projects involving RC concrete, PCC concrete, Earthworks, Buried Pipework etc.
- A strong knowledge of HSQE, with good commercial, contractual and procurement acumen.
- Knowledge of temporary works (Qualification is Temporary Works is desirable - TWC, TWS etc).
- A working knowledge of NEC and JCT contracts.
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD.
Please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520, to apply for the role or for more information.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.