Job Title: Site Agent
Location: West Midlands / Northamptonshire
Sectors: HS2, Heavy Civil Engineering, Rail, Earthworks, Groundworks, Highways, Embankments, Structures
Job Type: Permanent role
Salary: £60,000 to £70,000 Per Annum + Strong Package (Negotiable on relevant experience)
Our client, a large, established and growing principal contractor within the Rail & Civil Engineering sector, is currently looking to add Site Agents to their HS2 team, on a permanent basis. The focus on this role will include self-delivering multi-discipline civil engineering works for HS2 Ltd, which will range from Earthworks, Groundworks, Highways, Embankments and Viaducts, all for HS2.
The role would suit an experienced Site Agent, who has a history of delivering medium to large sizes construction projects (i.e. £5 Million - £50 Million), that are complex in nature, inclusive of heavy Civil Engineering.
In this role, you will be accountable/responsible for helping to delivery key HS2 projects, through project delivery, programme management, health and safety on site, quality of the project, environmental impact, client interaction, customer satisfaction and the management of subcontractors/supply chain, as well as general responsibility of Cost/Financials, with the support of the commercial team.
In return, our client offers an exceptional salary + package, coupled with a productive working environment & effective working processes, allowing you to achieve the desired results in the most efficient and stress-free manner.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Manage and maintain Quality Control, Programme & Progress, Technical Issues, Client Interface, Resource Management, Commercial (with Assistance), HSQE and general reporting.
• Plan, control & monitor progress of works.
• Preparation of a 4 week lookahead programme for section.
• Ensure quality control is in place and actively managed through the Senior Engineer.
• Ensure teams are working to latest design & specifications.
• Resolve technical issues with client and Project Management staff.
• Materials take off, including ordering/delivery, as well as Labour / Plant reconciliation against cost plan.
• Attend external meetings as required, contributing to internal weekly progress meetings.
• Compiling daily/weekly/monthly reports, reviewing allocation sheets and challenges decisions where appropriate.
Candidates will ideally have:
• A relevant qualification in Civil Engineering or Construction (i.e. Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent).
• Previous experience working in a similar role, delivering schemes as a Sub Agent / Site Agent/ TWC, on relevant Rail/Construction/Heavy Civil Engineering projects.
• Previously worked on major projects within the infrastructure sector, for a substantial length of time.
• Relevant qualifications including CSCS Card, SMSTS, First Aid.
• Additional qualifications such as Temporary Works Supervisor, CAT and Genny, RD8000 (Advantageous).
• Strong management ability, with effective communication, commercial and planning skills.
• Strong knowledge of HSQE regulations & legislation used within the Civil Engineering & Infrastructure.
• Strong IT skills and management ability, including clear communication skills.
• A strong knowledge and practical experience of Site Engineering activities on site, inclusive of Setting Out, Dimensional Control, Surveying, Checking etc.
• A strong background in heavy civil engineering, inclusive of earthworks and muckshift techniques, alongside drainage, structures, culverts and tunneling works. (Self-delivery of packages).
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Nat Drew on 0121 200 5520.
- Location: Oxford
- Salary: £60k - 70k per year + Package
- Job Type:Permanent
Posted 15 days ago
- Sector: Construction, Civil Engineering
- Contact: Nathaniel Drew
- Contact Email: Nathaniel.Drew@anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 0121 200 5520
- Expiry Date: 20 June 2023
- Job Ref: 402354NDR
Job Title: Site Agent