Site Agent – North East – Freelance
This role relates to the Scheme based in Blaydon but will potentially involve input to the other schemes as they develop. The role will be based on site.
What will I be doing?
You will be an Agent with a relevant civil engineering qualification, chartership preferable, and experience in Roadworks and Structure.
With demonstrated experience in the safe, efficient delivery of infrastructure projects in a site role, you will be adept at managing multiple tasks and deadlines. Your strong leaderships skills will help to develop and mentor junior staff.
The Agent will be required to assist in the delivery of the works, challenging the design for value engineering and ensuring a high quality of delivery on site.
Sub-contract packages will be managed through weekly meetings, monthly forecasting and on site measurement.
A high standard of personal safety is expected with this standard transferred to all works in your section.
Mentoring and guidance of the site engineering team will be required, to bring them on in their careers.
With the support of our Senior Agents, you will undertake the following:
• Contribute to the weekly collaborative planning, 4 month lookahead and own the 3-6 month plan
• Attend and support the weekly RFI, MAR and NCR meetings, ensuring the team contribute to appropriate raising and closing out of issues as required
• Chair the section meetings, supply chain meetings and other meetings as required
• Manage the budget associated with packages under your control
• Lead by example raising SHEQ observations and controlling on site
• Manage and coach staff in the section, and develop the Team
• Raise EWNs, Risks and opportunities.
• Ensure Quality Readiness Reviews and Make Ready meetings are held for the section
• Liaise closely with the Utilities Agent, and TWC to ensure all aspects of the works are covered.
• Review and approve RAMS, Permits and other documentation as required
• Pervious management and site experience (essential)
• Acts as a positive role model
• Supports a culture in which personal integrity thrives
• Inspires and coaches others to build knowledge within the team
• Supports a culture of innovation to solve problems
• Willingly works with others and provides help, support and advice to colleagues
• Chartered or Incorporated Membership of the ICE or working towards it (or other recognised professional body) (preferred)
• Have practical knowledge, understanding and application of civil engineering construction methods
• Experience / knowledge of temporary works management
• CSCS card (essential)
• Completed SMSTS (preferred)
• Highways Passport (Essential)
Get in-touch to hear more, Call 0113 242 0303/ 07881100004 or send over up to date CV to Vicky.email@example.com or Apply below.