Site Agent - Environment Agency / United Utilities
Location: North West / West Yorkshire
Salary: £40,000 - £48,000 + package
Job Type: Permanent
Job description: Site Agent
My client is looking to recruit a Site Agent to support projects in and around their office in the North West and West Yorkshire.
Responsibilities as Site Agent include:
* Implement and monitor Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Assurance and ensure compliance by on site team
* Compliance with Health & Safety Regulations ensuring that all issues of Health & Safety are monitored regularly and accurate records maintained
* Overall responsibility for the safe delivery, profitability, programme and management of all resources on site
* Preparation and organisation of programme for work activities
* Ensure accurate and timely preparations of valuations including submitting claims for additions and Extensions of Time
* Procure materials and sub-contract work packages at cost effective prices
* External contact with sub-contractors and ensure timely payments are made.
* Provide efficient reporting on progress to management
* Assist, or provide members of site team to assist with tendering for new work
* Deputise for Project Manager if required
* To undertake any other reasonable duties as required
Skills and Experience:
* Third level qualification in Civil Engineering or a related discipline
* At least 8 years Civil Engineering experience, ideally on roads, infrastructure and/or structures projects, including supervisory experience
* The capacity to promote and attain quality whilst striving to achieve profitability
* The ability to constructively solve both short term and long term problems within a site environment
* The ability to successfully implement, maintain and ensure compliance of Health and Safety legislation
* Experience of supervising/mentoring engineering teams
* Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
* Commercially aware of economies and efficiencies
* Ability to Manage/Control on site setting out
* Ability to read and understand Construction drawings and Specification
* Fully flexible regarding travel, prepared to travel to site locations within the North West, Cumbria and West Yorkshire region.
* Full valid driving licence
* IT literate in all Microsoft Office applications
* CSCS Card
* First Aid
* HND or equivalent
If you are interested in this position please contact myself Joe Lunt on 0161 829 3980.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.