What is the purpose of this role?
My client's Design team is recruiting for a Senior Water Consultant/Engineer to work on their expanding portfolio for our UK clients. You will be involved in existing frameworks which will provide the opportunity to get involved in leading and undertaking water environmental impact assessments, hydrogeology or hydrogeomorphology assessments and associated modelling and high-level designs. Amey are involved in the complete project lifecycle, from feasibility design through detailed design to construction, and knowledge of these processes are required. The position will be based in their Scottish offices in the UK.
You will be required to provide support and guidance to assistant engineers within a design team to ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards and that the delivery of all the specified project outcomes are on time, within budget and to the quality required.
The successful candidates will be part of the wider client presence, UK and international, design consultancy family which provides a range of multi-disciplinary services to our customers, driving value across their asset portfolio. They are the fastest growing consultancy in the UK and are relied upon to manage, improve, and maximise the performance of a vast range of assets vital to the effectiveness and sustainability of the UK.
What are we looking for?
* Degree qualified, preferably MSc/PhD in relevant, Hydrology, Water Resources, Environmental and/or Flood Management related studies. Chartered (CIWEM, CEnv, CEng, or relevant equivalent professional qualification) or approaching achieving relevant professional qualification.
* Technical skills & qualification
o Good knowledge of water related EIA's
o Hydrogeological or hydro-geomorphological studies and methodologies
o Surface Water Management and Flood Risk Management Plans
o Hydrological studies and methodologies
o Appreciation of 1D/2D hydraulic modelling,
o SUDS design,
o Experience of feasibility and outline designs
* Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite and relevant engineering software packages particularly CAD
* Experience in working with Local Authorities, Transportation authorities, Water Authorities/Companies, Developers or Environment Agencies
* Good written and oral communication and organisational skills and to produce reports in clear concise English
* Desire to develop existing skills and acquire new technical competences to enhance personal and team capability
* Proven ability to work within a team environment with a dedicated approach to meet project deadlines
* Client focused approach to service delivery
* Proven enthusiasm to embrace and participate in career development initiatives
* Self-motivated with the drive to achieve continuous improvement targets
* Full Driving Licence
What makes this role unique?
In addition to the opportunity to be involved in a dynamic expanding Scottish based design consultancy team they have a strong culture of developing individuals to their full potential. This culture has been recognised by the current award of Investors in People Silver Status.
You will also have the opportunity to work with their own in-house construction team for projects at all stages from feasibility and optioneering, through to detailed design and construction support.
What will this role involve?
* Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards
* Undertake any work of a technical nature that falls within ability and competence
* Be confident to work under minimum supervision and competent to check the work of others and supervise less experienced or junior staff
* Assist with competency appraisal processes subject to suitable level of supervision
* Carry out site visits and surveys, inspections and work with sub-contractors
* Prepare and check feasibility studies, inspection, assessment and technical reports and other written documents in an appropriate format ensuring compliance with Amey procedures
* Comply with the requirements of the Amey Integrated Management System including Health & Safety, Environmental and all other appropriate regulations
* Prepare/check design approach, calculations, drawings and documents
* Take responsibility for the supervision of junior design team and modeller members to help ensure timely project delivery is achieved within budget and in accordance with the specification
* Engage in client and third-party liaison
* Keep up to date with industry best practice and where appropriate apply best practice within the team environment
* Support learning and development opportunities for self and other team members.
If this sounds like a position you can take on successfully, please get in touch at the earliest opportunity!
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.