My client has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Technical Coordinator to join the team in their West Yorkshire office. My client is a top UK national housebuilder with a 5 star rating who work on a mixture of new build housing.
As a Senior Technical Coordinator you will be responsible for coordinating all technical information between external consultants and internal departments throughout the construction process. Ensuring all approvals are obtained and information received and issued to allow for a prompt start on site.
- Ensure all drawings and details are accurate and commercially suitable throughout the construction process
- Co-ordinate and chair design team meetings with internal and external participants
- Attend and contribute to progress meetings on site as required.
- Co-ordinate the planning process where required and review planning approval to ensure Conditions are addresses prior to start on site
- Agree construction specification, SAP and bream strategy for the project
- Coordinate the submission of a Building Control Application and supporting documentation
- Liaise with consultants and attend meetings to progress all relevant Technical matters
- Assist Surveying and Buying Team in review and approval of subcontractor design information.
- Ensure accurate and on time design information in line with client requirements
- Ensure cost effective design control and buildability
- Maintain a register of current drawings for all new build contracts and issue design information to production teams
- Review and check contract documentation, warranties and bond requirements in liaison with Contracts Manager and Surveyor.
- Apply for and secure statutory body approval of Engineering Design and ground remediation
- Assist the Commercial team to obtain fee quotations from specialist consultants for any planning and engineering design and technical report requirements.
- Attend site visits and meetings in order to solve issues that arise during the construction process.
- Ensure that new regulation requirements are anticipated and incorporated as required
- Expect and encourage continued change and improvement within the Company
Skills, experience and qualifications
- Proven working experience in a similar role within housebuilding
- Previous experience in Residential Housing sector
- Proficent in site layout, grading, utility design, erosion control regulatory approvals including all section agreements (section 38 & section 104 designs)
- Project management and supervision skills
- Thorough, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to confidently challenge decisions made by others
- Quick and eager to learn, with a focus on continuous development
- Ability to communicate well with individuals at all levels
- Proficient in MS Office programmes
- Analytical approach
- Full Current UK Driving Licence
- Degree or similar qualification in Construction Management / Civil Engineering / Architecture or other related discipline would be beneficial
- CAD / REVIT Skills
Salary and Package
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 days per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Sharesave scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Support with a professional membership
This is a superb opportunity to join an established but growing business working with opportunity for career progression. For more information on this role please contact Paul Wilkinson on the number supplied or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org