My client is looking to appoint a Senior Technical Coordinator on a permanent basis to be based at their office in Northampton. My client is a 5-star volume house builder with an excellent track record in achieving NHBC Pride in the job awards and are renowned for delivering high standards of customer service.
The Senior Technical Coordinator will assist the Technical Manager in managing the technical function of a site-based project on all technical, engineering, and architectural aspects of the business from commencement on site to completion and final adoptions and handovers. They will ensure that information is produced, checked, and distributed on programme to the correct quality and within budget to enable effective sub-contract procurement and build programme to be met.
- Manage the external design team and specialist consultants to ensure that all construction documents are provided within the agreed development programme and budget.
- Arrange, co-ordinate and manage all Design-Technical Meetings with other departments in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring all relevant action points are noted and recorded.
- Review and scrutinise design drawings, specifications and details for compliance, buildability, VE options throughout all stages of the design process. Distribute project specifications.
- Receive, co-ordinate and check specialist subcontractor and supplier information.
- Attend specialist supplier and subcontract meetings as required.
- Manage the distribution of preliminary, construction and as-built information internally with the Document Controller (where applicable), addressing department feedback, and producing a high quality, fully coordinated design package.
- Ensure Building Regulations and Warranty conditions are cleared without delay to the project and without risk to the business.
- Ensure statutory approvals (for example, S278, S104 and S38 agreements) are obtained in a timely manner.
- Manage enquiries and applications to statutory service companies and local authorities.
- Resolve design and building problems, contacting relevant personnel and consultants, as appropriate.
- Attend and report at monthly site Project Review Meetings if required.
- Liaise with Planning, Commercial, Health & Safety and Sales Departments.
- Provide site support and manage responses to technical requests for information.
- Manage changes to the technical project information through the Company’s discounted cash flow process.
- Prepare and check brochure plans.
- Assist in the preparation of operations and maintenance manuals, incorporating a Health and
- Safety file for hand over to management company and / or housing association.
Key skills, experience, and qualifications
- Good operating knowledge of the development / technical design process.
- Proven knowledge of detailed design for residential schemes utilising different forms of construction – including reinforced concrete frame, steel frame and timber frame.
- Be able to question and query design information across all discipline
- Architectural or Engineering background with the ability to use AutoCAD being beneficial.
- Sound understanding of statutory requirements, including Building Regulations and NHBC
- Standards, and Sustainability, with an ability to interpret and negotiate compliance.
- Be able to understand and interrogate design and project programmes, in particular identifying Critical Paths.
- Educated to degree level or in possession of a relevant professional qualification.
- Able to communicate with all disciplines at all levels.
- Well organised and capable of organising others.
- High level of attention to detail
- Able to manage people, processes, and time.
- Strong team player who can communicate effectively.
Salary and benefits
- Excellent basic salary
- Company car or car allowance
- Generous bonus scheme
This is a superb opportunity to join a market leading developer who have an excellent reputation in the marketplace. For more information on this role please contact Paul Wilkinson on the number supplied or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org