The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a pro-active approach to design development, working within a team environment from the project’s inception through to its completion.
They will be tasked with the control of the complete design process involving the management of consultants, liaison with the relevant statutory and local authorities and other internal and external stakeholders as necessary. To ensure the designs complies to all necessary legislation, associated standards and company specification, policy, and procedures.
The role requires an excellent base level of Health & Safety, Environmental and Technical knowledge, including a good working knowledge of the Highways & Drainage, Building Regulations, NHBC Standards, Planning, and Affordable Housing.
• Manage multiple sites as agreed with the Technical Director/Manager from design stage to post completion & adoption in line with delivery programme and key dates.
• Undertake the Principal Designer role where required as defined within the Construction Design & Management Regulation 2015 and completion of all necessary Health, Safety & Environmental documents, in line with Group Policy & procedures.
• Co-ordinate delivery of surveys & reports required for the development and manage associated requirements from design to completion.
• Manage the process of obtaining consultant fee proposals and formal appointment documents in accordance with Group procedures.
• Co-ordinate consultants to deliver the civil & structural engineering designs including legal plans and the house type working drawing packs.
• Obtaining and collating all ancillary specialist drawings including hot water supply, heating, kitchen, stair, lintels, p.c. ground floors, and precast upper floors.
• Undertaking value engineering assessments and ensure buildability is considered.
• Co-ordinate submission of designs and securing technical approvals for agreements such as S104, S38 & S278 followed by timely completion of legal agreements.
• Co-ordinate utility designs and initial mains laying onto site, ensuring legal agreements completed in timely manner.
• Co-ordinate information and liaise with architects, civil and structural engineers, and landscape architects, ensuring consistency between various designs.
• Prepare all drawings and documents for engineering and superstructure elements for tender, followed by the construction issue and sales handover.
• Coordinate street naming with local authority, complete plot list and distribute internally and externally of the business.
• Where applicable obtaining Management Company quotations, reviewing, comparing, and providing the Sales & Technical Director with recommendation for appointments.
• Assist in production of Sales brochure, legal and sales handover meetings.
• Provide information for Housing Association contracts and attendance of progress meetings,
• Submission of all information to NHBC and obtaining approval of same, obtaining SAP Assessments together with PEA’ and EPC’s, Robust Stand1ard Details and any other requirements.
• Attending and chairing Pre-Start Meetings and briefing all departments on matters related to the engineering and working drawings.
• Assist the Land, Planning & Development teams with advice during the land acquisition stage and assist in the information to discharge of planning conditions.
• To monitor and report technical & development fees including S106 obligations.
• Resolve all technical related queries including conducting site visits and site progress meetings as required.
• Attend departmental meetings, site meetings & pre start meetings as required.
• Chair pre development meetings with external consultants and internally within the business unit.
• Ensure all relevant stakeholders are kept informed and up to date.
Health and safety
• Undertake key aspects of the Principal Designer role as defined within the Construction Design & Management Regulation 2015.
• To implement and comply with company SHE policy and procedures, all legal requirements, and best practice within the business unit.
Education, training or qualifications • BTEC HND/HNC in Design, Construction or Civil Engineering
• Further education, i.e. CIOB
• Principle Designer and associated Health and Safety training/ qualifications.
• CSCS card qualification.
Relevant experience • At least 5-10 years’ experience working within a technical role at a residential house builder.
• Good level of IT literacy with experience of AutoCAD, Outlook, Excel & Word,
• Proven ability in a Senior Technical Coordinator role of delivering design for projects on time, to budget and quality standards with high customer satisfaction results.
• Use of Viewpoint drawing management system.
• Proficient use of Auto Cad.
• Management of technical fees and services cost to complete
Special skills or knowledge • Excellent organization and time management with ability to multitask.
• Commercially aware.
• Ability to make decisions within authority.
• Able to lead and work as a team member.
• Experienced in analyzing problems and delivering solutions.
• Strong mathematical ability.
• Be able to design and interpret the designs and technical demands of others.
• Continued professional development and keeping up to date with changes within the industry.
Interpersonal skills and attitude • Professional aptitude and appearance at all times.
• Strives for continuous improvement for the benefit of the company.
• Driven to achieve customer satisfaction.
• Able to work under pressure, and accept criticism of work
• Be able to work effectively in a team
• Good level of communication skills, with the necessity to liaise with internal staff and external bodies
• Be practical and methodical with good analytical skills
• Embrace the company’s core values •
Special Circumstances • Willing to work extra to meet deadlines as and when the business needs require it
Excellent salary and benefits package along with car allowance included.