My client is an advisory, investment and development partner with a focus on health and social infrastructure client. They are now looking to recruit a Consultant/Senior Consultant or Principal level consultant to come on board and join their Financial Analysis and Planning team.
You will be expected to develop quickly to take responsibility for the management and delivery of specific projects. The job offers opportunities to work across the different teams within the company. You must be willing to face new challenges head on and be able to use your initiative and experience to solve problems.
The requirement is to execute work to a high quality thereby contributing to the team's success, while continuing to work toward professional development and share experience with peers. We take pride in our team recruitment, recognising the importance that you will play in securing a prosperous future for the company and developing your career personally.
The workplace is a fluid environment, where staff are regularly coming and going from the office to meet with clients and respond to their needs as well as those of the business. You should display a high level of self-discipline and time management and be able to work independently.
Financial Analysis and Planning
- With the support of senior team members, deliver financial analysis and planning services to clients, including financial modelling activities and supporting the Business Case team by developing Economic and Finance Cases that adhere to latest HM Treasury Green Book and relevant government guidance.
- Core work will include:
- Development of rigorous cost benefit analysis, preparing discounted cash flows using the NHS Comprehensive Investment Appraisal (CIA) model to inform the options appraisal process within business cases;
- Supporting clients to estimate costs, benefits and risks for business cases including developing robust financial and non-financial benefits analysis and undertaking quantified risk assessments;
- Interpret business case and associated guidance to offer advice and support to clients;
- Developing financial models, incorporating appropriate costing methodologies and forecasting approaches.
- Attend and lead meetings with clients to present financial analysis results in a clear and accessible way;
- Prepare documents to clearly present financial analysis including authoring reports and business case chapters as required;
- Act as a point of contact for clients for financial analysis and planning projects, preparing project plans, maintain oversight of delivery, reporting progress, and escalating risks where needed;
- Interpret and implement instructions from the project team and clients;
- Adhere to NHS guidance and build a knowledge and skill set within the sector.
You will require:
Education / Qualifications / Professional membership
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent (financial, building, engineering or project management related discipline).
Membership of a relevant professional institution
- Holds recognised accounting qualification (CCAB/CIMA) or similar
- Over 2 years post qualification experience
- Experience in working in the NHS, other Government Departments, and construction-related profession or in a consultancy environment
Skills and Professional Qualities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent numerate skills
- Ability to organise self and others
- Project management skills
- Negotiation skills
- IT literate in Microsoft applications, specifically advanced Excel skills
- Able to produce high quality work to tight timescales and in potentially stressful environments Proven ability to function at a managerial level
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.