Site Engineer - permanent role, £35k-£42k+ excellent package - Chesterfield, projects across the East Midlands/South Yorkshire/North Lincolnshire- major UKCG contractor working mainly on schools, hospitals and university projects.
Purpose of role:-
Deliver the section of works on time, understanding the project set-up, details of the site and construction.
Be fully aware of what has to be delivered and use this information to produce a short-term programme to complete the works required in this period.
Allocate tasks to Assistant Engineers and liaise with Trades Supervisors and manage the task to completion.
Ensure the Inspection and Test Plans, and Quality Check Sheets are completed at the same time as the work to ensure that it is delivered to specification.
Oversee engineering requirements demanded in the delivery of the scope of work or on larger projects, of a subcontractor, to meet the construction programme, working and coordinating with larger teams.
Ensure all works and personnel meet all Health, Safety and Quality standards.
Site Engineer Duties:-
- Be responsible for setting out for line and level on the site, obtaining setting out details from the Construction drawings
- Take off materials in an auditable system and prepare requisitions, along with delivery schedules and material storage plan
- Check accuracy of rebar schedules before calling off material
- Requisition and control of hired plant requirements
- Ensure the Inspection and Test Plans, and Quality Check Sheets are completed at the same time as the work to ensure that it is delivered to specification
- Ensure all works are completed in accordance with the design
- Ensure Design Drawings are marked up to reflect works completed as the works are finished
- Liaise with other Section Engineers / Foremen to ensure a smooth flow of work
- Determine and execute the strategy for 'structural surveys'
- Review all procedures on a regular basis to ensure they are as efficient as possible
- Ensure the 'Permit to Work' system on the site is complied with
- Liaise with Design Team to resolve technical issues
- Able to understand new and innovative technologies
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.