DLR Senior QS
Job Role - SQS
Project - DLR Extension Scheme
Location - East London
Main Purpose of Job:
To complement and strengthen our existing team, we are looking for one Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a 25mil project in East London. The successful candidate will assist the project team by providing commercial support to ensure they recover their contractual entitlement, manage risks and opportunities, and that projects are forecasted and reported accurately.
* Preparing Cost/ Value flow forecasts for projects in liaison with Operations including assessment of risks and opportunities
* Preparing, submitting, and negotiating interim and final accounts including cash collection to maximise cash flow.
* Assist in preparation of internal monthly accounts including comparisons to budgets/ reforecasts.
* Client liaison/ attendance at meetings
* Commercial and operational support to ensure contractual notices are complied with.
* Close working relationship with Operations to ensure early identification and resolution of commercial/ performance issues.
* Dispute Resolution including identification and preparation of variations and claims.
* Assist in monitoring and maintenance of programmes with Operations.
* Ensuring adequate records are kept.
* Procurement, payment, and management of subcontractors.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
* The successful candidate will have either a relevant degree in Quantity Surveying or another relevant qualification with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience.
* Experience as a Quantity Surveyor in Site Investigation/ Grouting would be an advantage.
* A working knowledge of NEC contracts
* Negotiation skills/ influencing skills.
* Commercial awareness
* Good communicator and team player
* Strong IT skills including Accounts Systems.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to Matt Purkis at Anderselite
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.