Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager (HS2 - RC)
Location: Buckinghamshire / Northamptonshire
Sector: HS2, RC, Reinforced Concrete, Green Tunnels, Precast Concrete Assembly
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q2 / Q3 2021
Salary: Circa £65,000 to £80,000 Per Annum + Package
** (Base salary can be negotiated on level/relevant experience)
Our client, a large Civil Engineering contractor, is currently recruiting a Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager for their HS2 team, to take responsibility for the commercial delivery of multiple Green Tunnel packages on the HS2 scheme. The works are being carried out in the central section of HS2 (Northamptonshire / Buckinghamshire) and include the preparation and pouring of reinforced concrete slabs (RC), the assembly of precast concrete tunnel segments and the re-use of excavated material (cut-and-cover).
The role would suit an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager, who has a strong background in heavy civil engineering (with strong RC / Reinforced Concrete experience), who is interested in working on the HS2 scheme over the coming years. This position will provide the opportunity to join a growing team, getting onboard with the works from inception, providing input into processes and procedures, to ensure work is delivered effectively and safely.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Taking commercial responsibility and acting as Commercial Manager for the delivery of construction works on HS2 (Green Tunnels), across multiple projects / work sites (2 to 5 projects).
- Taking responsible for the commercial delivery of the projects in accordance with contract terms NEC Option C.
- Collating and submitting payment certificates to the client.
- Discussing with compensation events with the client, where required, including queries on costs and programme.
- Liaising with head office on all aspects of invoicing, payments, costs and programme.
- Management of Assistant Quantity Surveyors at each work site, to ensure all quantities and works are recorded, measured and correctly reported in accordance with the contract.
- Ensuring the programme of the works is maintained in accordance with the contract.
- Continually monitoring the performance and costs of the works, reporting to the Contracts Manager.
- Co-ordinating with the wider delivery team, as required.
- Maintaining company HSQE, with the wider team.
- Reviewing the delivery of works on an ongoing basis, identifying risk vs opportunity.
- Actively participating in progress meetings with the Contracts Manager and the client.
- Based in an on-site project office, with associated visits o client's offices.
Candidates will ideally have:
- 20+ years' commercial experience within the construction sector.
- A relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying (Such as a degree).
- Experience of delivering reinforced concrete in-situ and precast concrete works.
- A strong working knowledge of NEC contracts, being fully conversant with NEC Options A and C.
- Strong management skills, being able to oversee and mentor Assistant Quantity Surveyors.
- A strong knowledge of contractual obligations.
- Excellent communication, presentation and organisational skills
For more information or to apply for this role, please apply for the role online initially, or connect with Tim Smyth at Anderselite, via LinkedIn.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.