This market-leading developer and housebuilder are looking to appoint a Senior Quantity Surveyor to strengthen their commercial team. The chosen Senior Quantity Surveyor will be required to work closely with Commercial Director.
The office is based in Warrington. This is an amazing opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join this 5-star national house builder with a fantastic reputation as a responsible and large scope for progression.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the commercial aspects of each development. This includes managing the costs for each site and ensuring that targets are met by managing and controlling the budgets and valuations. Senior Surveyors are typically allocated sites that are more complex by nature, whether this is due to the type of construction, the speed of construction, or whether it is a multi-phase site or a consortium site (shared infrastructure with another developer).
- Produce draft budgets and site start budgets for each site allocated to the Quantity Surveyor.
- Produce quarterly valuations and complete material ‘cost to complete’ exercises for each site the Quantity Surveyor is responsible for.
- Produce sub-contract payments and finalize the accounts, ensuring that the sub-contractor has signed these off.
- Produce sub-contract orders, ensuring they are authorised by the authorised representative, together with all necessary documentation to comply with Group Commercial Policy.
- Complete on-site measurements and assess payments to contractors.
- Attend and contribute to various meetings, such as pre-order meetings, quarterly valuation meetings and project review meetings with senior management, construction team as well as external contractors.
- Manage all sub-contract orders on-site, meeting sub-contractors as and when required.
- Maintain trade specifications.
- Price customer extras and liaise with the sales department as necessary.
- Manage Professional Fees Budget.
- Assist with material buying when required.
- Assist the Estimator and / or Commercial Director with take-offs for land appraisals when required
Experience, Qualifications, and skills
- Experience of working as a Senior Quantity Surveyor or Quantity Surveyor with a residential house builder.
- HND/HNC Building Studies
- GCSE Grade C/4+ or equivalent in English and Maths
- Current CSCS card or equivalent is desirable
- RICS Professional Membership
- BSc in Quantity Surveying desirable
- Strong communication and listening skills, with good negotiation skills
- Highly motivated to deliver quality developments
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrates ability to meet deadlines
- IT literate and the ability to adapt to new systems
- Good administration skills
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
• £55,000- £70,000 (depending on experience) plus package and other benefits
To hear more about this role please apply via the link or contact Sylwia Stypa by sending your up-to-date CV at firstname.lastname@example.org