Senior Quantity Surveyor
Salary open to discussions
Exciting new job requirement just in for a Senior QS to join an industry recognised Construction and Infrastructure Company on a permanent basis. We are looking for someone ambitious, talented, and motivated with a flexible approach to work. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will work alongside the Contract Delivery Team to ensure the contractual control, cost management, profitability and cash management of Civil Engineering, Mechanical & Electrical and Combined schemes, predominantly in the water industry.
Salary is open to discussions (depending on expectations and experience). If you feel like this will be a good fit for you, please apply with a copy of your CV today!
What we need from you (not limited to)–
• Assisting the proposals team to evaluate risk and opportunity during tender preparation.
• Issue sub-contract tender packages and undertake contractual evaluation of the tender returns
• Attend post tender and pre-contract meetings.
• Reviewing of contract documents to ensure that the company is protected from onerous terms and conditions.
• Assess contract risk and work with the site team to develop and manage mitigation plans.
• Undertake cost to complete reviews with the contract delivery teams.
• Attend internal and external commercial review meetings.
• Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors.
• Manage the commercial aspects of subcontract accounts from procurement to interim and final account agreement.
• Final account negotiation achieving the best possible outcome for the business.
• Preparation of / assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works.
Required experience / qualifications –
• Contracting background (Engineering)
• Full working knowledge of the NEC3/4 suite of contracts
• Understanding Contractual clauses and identifying risk/onerous conditions prior to engaging in contract with client
• WIP/Cash management
• CTC Management
• Resource Scheduling
• P&L reporting
• CVR’S and forecasting
• Change control (EW’s and CE’s)
• Delay and Disruption
• Applications for payment
• Risk and Opportunities management
• Driving profit improvement via the project teams.
• Supplier/Sub-Contractor management
• Accustomed to working to tight deadlines
• Track record of developing staff and creating a proactive and high performing team
• Water Industry Experience
What we can offer you in return –
• The opportunity to work with an award-winning, long-standing organisation
• A great working culture and work/life balance
• Equal opportunities employer & great staff retention rate
• Clear progression and development
• A competitive salary & company benefits (details to be disclosed at next stage of application process)
To register your interest, please respond to this advert with a copy of your updated CV or give us a call on 02380 219108 and ask to speak to ‘Nikita’ for more information.
- Sector: Construction
- Contact: Nikita Burt
- Contact Email: Nikita.Burt@anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 023 8021 9208
- Expiry Date: 07 June 2022
- Job Ref: 395574NBT
Senior Quantity Surveyor