Anderselite have been contracted to source a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a well-known, award-winning Civil contractor with a large focus on Civil & Infrastructure based projects in Yorkshire and the Midlands. 2 appointments are required and will have one to be based in Leeds and one in Birmingham. Both roles require frequent visits to live projects.
The role will include:
- Engaging with the supply chain to negotiate rates, on board suppliers and generate the associated contract documents.
- Utilising the schedule of rates to maximise value. Identify variations and ensure recovery of cost and value.
- Contributing to and influencing the monthly CVRs by ensuring all cost and value data is collated and entered into the correct WMS.
- Providing a cash flow forecast and identifying points where cash flow may be negatively impacted, resolving the issues and where necessary escalating to the Senior Quantity Surveyor.
- Weekly reporting on key cost areas such as but not limited to overheads, direct labour cost, plant, fleet and material spend, fuel cost and subcontractor cost. Being capable identifying potential cost savings and implementing where possible actions to reduce.
- Responsible for the overall management of subcontractor accounts and recording accruals for inclusion in monthly CVRs.
- Competent resolving application rejections from the client and putting in place controls to prevent.
- Ensuring subcontractor invoices are processed correctly, validating and approving for subsequent payment.
- Management of regional commercial team including Quantity Surveyors, Assistant Quantity Surveyors and Commercial Administrators and responsible for the resulting contract commercial performance.
In exchange for the quality skills that you currently possess, they are offering a great salary and benefits package that comes with many smaller perks, a solid platform to be a long-term player in the business and flexibility.
If this role is for you and you would like more information or be included in the process, then please submit your CV today!