Working with a leading provider of construction services to the UK civil engineering industry I am currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team to work on a portfolio of projects. You will implement commercial and procurement management and reporting systems and procedures. Evaluate and manage all contractual risks and work with Project Managers to maximise commercial benefits of all responsible contracts. With particular focus on procurement, risk minimisation, pricing of variations and day-to-day management.
Specific accountabilities for the Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- Establish and manage all post contract commercial and procurement systems and procedures. Develop organisation, training and communications accordingly
- Work with senior managers to plan, forecast and subsequently report project commercial performance.
- Forecast and manage cash flow through submission and agreement of applications and final accounts.
- Work with senior management to maximise commercial benefit of the contract and effectively manage contract variations.
- Establish procedures to meet required standards (internal and external).
- Develop partnership initiatives with customers and suppliers.
- Ensure the necessary expertise is available to support dispute management efforts with clients and sub-contractors.
- Ensure commercial aspects of sub-contract accounts are managed from procurement to interim and final account agreement. Support development of Sub-Contractor and Major Supplier Contract Agreements.
To be considered for this position you should be an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor with a track record of exceeding business targets and KPI's. You should also be:
- A self-starter with previous experience of working in a rail and/or civil engineering contractor.
- Customer aware and innovative, capable of maximising contract benefits for mutual and long term benefit.
- Experienced in setting up and managing all commercial management and reporting systems
- Ability to identify and resolve problems at an early stage.
- Accurate with good attention to detail and highly organised.
- An experienced negotiator and skilled communicator
A strong salary and package is available for this role with a basic in the region of £45,000 to £55,000 per annum and a company car or car allowance, pension and healthcare also provided. The role will offer an opportunity to manage a more junior team member with further management duties available over time if that is a direction the individual wants to move in.
Please apply immediately with your up to date CV for consideration.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.