Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Area of work: Utilities - Clean Water
Reporting to: Commercial Manager
The Role (reporting to the Commercial Manager)
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will work alongside the Contract Delivery Team to ensure the contractual control, cost management, profitability and cash management of Civil Engineering, Mechanical / Electrical and Combined schemes, predominantly in the water industry (waste water). NEC form of contract.
* Working on waste water projects in the North West.
* Issue sub-contract tender packages and undertake contractual evaluation of the tender returns
* Attend post tender and pre-contract meetings.
* Assisting the proposals team to evaluate risk and opportunity during tender preparation.
* Reviewing of contract documents to ensure that the company is protected from onerous terms and conditions.
* Assess contract risk and work with the site team to develop and manage mitigation plans.
* Undertake cost to complete reviews with the contract delivery teams.
* Attend internal and external commercial review meetings.
* Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors.
* Manage the commercial aspects of subcontract accounts from procurement to interim and final account agreement.
* Final account negotiation.
* Preparation of / assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works.
* Maximising value and minimising cost, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to monitor and manage the operating cost base.
* Working with the operational teams to deliver and manage performance against the Profit Improvement Plan.
* Manage commercial performance against business targets and Framework KPIs.
* Ensure that the delivery team are briefed and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to budget variances.
* Promote a culture of integration, continuous improvement and use of best practice across the client base.
* Ensure that the group commercial policies are adhered to and that the requirements of legislation are met.
* Waste / clean water project experience
* Full working knowledge of the NEC3 / NEC4 suite of contracts
* WIP/Cash management
* CTC Management
* Resource Scheduling
* P&L reporting
* CVRS and forecasting
* Change control (EWs and CEs)
* Delay and Disruption
* Applications for payment
* Risk and Opportunities management
* Driving profit improvement via the project teams.
* Supplier/Sub-Contractor management
* Water Industry Experience
Up to £58,000 per annun
To register your interest in this excellent career opportunity, please submit your most recent CV to myself or call me if you have any questions on 07980 006 436 for a confidential discussion if you want to apply please send your cv
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.