Anderselite are excited to exclusively offer this opportunity for someone at the Senior QS level to become a commercial lead for an independent engineering consultancy based in Surrey.
The role will suit someone with experience of Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or Infrastructure coming from a Main Con or Consultancy background
Key Responsibilities include:
1. Review of all contracts prior to award
2. Development of standard T&C's for the works in both NEC and JCT forms of appointment
3. Maintaining log of all insured works and expected duration of liability to be able to inform negotiations with insurers
4. Establish fees and budgets for all schemes - depending on payment mechanism.
5. Develop reporting system with clients to establish a rolling final account on each scheme
6. Develop internal reporting of expected outturn on all schemes to establish a rolling prediction of commercial performance
7. Work with directors/accounts to calibrate our charge out rates and overhead - ensure no risk of non-allowable content in NEC schemes
8. Agree basis for appointing subconsultants and margin on these
9. Reviewing, processing and notifying Early Warning Notices (EWNs) for all Engineer's Orders (EOs) in CEMAR
10. Tracking responses from Client, reviewing and agreeing contract position and raise Compensation Event (CE) where appropriate
11. Reviewing, processing, and notifying CEs
12. Compiling CE quotations for all EOs and issue, recognising contractual time limitations to do so
13. Ensuring all Engineers Instructions (PMIs) are priced and prices submitted. In liaison with PMs/Engineers
14. Reviewing, processing and notifying Technical Queries (TQs) for all EOs. Reviewing Client responses and submitting CEs where appropriate
15. Ensuring instructions are in place prior to any work being allowed to commence
16. Responding to any Client queries relating to submitted CEs and agree and close out CE values with Clients QSs
17. Receiving CEs from subcontractors and identifying those to be subject to onward transmission to Client.
18. Providing information to assist in the placement of subcontracts and ensure back-to-back arrangements are in place particularly in relation to change control
19. Preparing for and attending periodic progress meetings, project opening meetings, etc., where Commercial presence is required
20. Regularly reviewing physical progress on the site by fortnightly plant walk-downs. Involving Client Commercial representatives to gain a consistent understanding of the status of work completion
21. Preparing interim, draft final and final applications for payment including necessary accruals to period end and highlighting any earned value, reimbursement for which cannot be sought due to the terms of payment. This is shown as Value of Work Done (VOWD)
22. Reviewing incoming general correspondence and action as appropriate
23. Establishing and maintaining PMI Tracker to record receipt, status, etc., of all incoming PMIs
24. Ensuring that all planning schedules are up to date in sufficient time to meet the Client's reporting period end-dates and that they, as accurately as possible, accrue progress up to such period end-date
25. Receiving Earned Value Reports for each live EO and assess these against the applied for values
* HNC/HND with experience
* Quantity Surveyor Degree
To apply for the role or if you have any questions please apply to the role and get in touch with Matt Purkis at Anderselite
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.