My Client is a leading Professional Consultancy and Technical Services firm within the built environment. Due to increasing demand and a secured pipeline of commissions they have asked me to assist in finding, and placing, an Assistant Project Manager with relevant expertise gained within the Highways or Major Infrastructure Sectors to join their growing Project Management Team in Manchester.
You will work with, and support, their Project & Programme Management Team mainly on large scale, multi-million-pound highways schemes across the Highways England Investment Portfolio.
You will work with and be supported by a wider team of experienced professionals from client, design, contractor and surveying backgrounds, helping to provide a complete range of full lifecycle project management services from pre-development advisory services, to management of programmes and projects through, procurement, delivery and project handover.
A typical week would include:
* Managing a Team of consultants, you will be supported by a Project Director and Project Manager, to plan, control and deliver activities within the Highways England Project Control Framework.
* Engaging directly and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with the Client - Highways England, the consultants, stakeholders and the wider programme team.
* Running Project and Design Team meetings, leading in the identification and evaluation of risks preparation of reports, minutes, and other documented deliverables
* Progressing the projects and ensuring that activities are completed on time.
* Supporting the Project Management commissions to achieve safe, sustainable and efficient outcomes that meet agreed profit and client satisfaction objectives.
* Leading the Net Zero agenda through the programme contributing to best practice for all projects being delivered.
The following qualifications and experience may be considered representative for an appropriate candidate:
* Project managing medium- large sized highways or major infrastructure schemes
* Establishing a client brief with defined project benefits, scope, goals and deliverables
* Supporting Health and Safety Guidelines to achieve "Zero Harm"
* Managing project budgets
* Managing project resource allocation
* Implementing or supporting project controls process and obtain necessary approvals to proceed at each stage
* Planning and scheduling project activities and timelines
* Tracking project deliverables using appropriate tools
* Providing direction and support to project and consultant teams
* Monitoring and reporting on progress of the project
* Managing project change and interventions to deliver project goals
* Arranging project valuations Preparing and present internal reports
* Supporting business development and tenders
We want to hear from you if you are/have:
* An ambition to develop a career within a leading international organisation
* A degree in construction or property related discipline
* An Associate or Member status within an appropriate professional institution
* A basic knowledge and understanding of construction contracts and processes
* Knowledge of project control processes (HE PCF ideal though not mandatory)
* Experience, working either as a client, consultant or contractor, in public and/or private sector environments
Meeting the objectives of technical excellence and leadership, supporting their values:
* Communicate and negotiate effectively
* Recognise and report risks
* Work collaboratively as part of a team
* With colleagues, behave as a trusted client advisor to contribute to their success, acting fairly, ethically, and in a corporate and socially responsible manner
* Achieve recognition within the organisation and externally through qualifications, membership of professional institutions and by sharing knowledge to deliver professional excellence
* Act in a socially and environmentally responsible manner, committed to high standards of safety performance, leading to "Zero Harm"
* Care for colleagues, encouraging their development, engagement and achievement.
In return you will enjoy a highly competitive salary, 25 days leave and 5% pension. A flexible approach to work/life balance is taken at all times.
If your skills and experience match the description above, please send me your CV at the earliest opportunity for immediate attention.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.