Are you an experienced and enthusiastic Project Manager with a proven track record within the Electrical Contracting Industry?
Would you like the opportunity to work for one of the largest technical solutions providers in Europe?
Our client Spie UK are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join their rapidly growing team in Stockton on Tees. As Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for delivering projects and small works associated with engineering services including Engineering analysis and studies, construction engineering design, procurement, cost control, estimating projects, pricing variations, ensuring order numbers are in place, preparation of invoices and applications to meet the business and contractual obligations and site management including: installation, testing, commissioning and handover.
The opportunity will provide a competitive salary and unrivalled benefits, and national travel will be required in your role.
Your Key Responsibilities will be:
- To ensure understanding of the contract conditions and engineering standards and specifications that apply to each assigned project & area of work and ensure that all considerations are accounted for in the execution of work
- To produce or review risk assessments and method statements to comply with Health and Safety requirements/ legislation.
- To sequence and programme works, establishing work scope, specifications, programmes, and cost control including sub-contracted works
- To compare suppliers' and subcontractors’ quality and costs against procurement schedules and assist in identifying their suitability for the work and provision of services.
- To prepare work programmes, ensuring activities are planned in line with available resources, understanding the interfaces and coordination with other disciplines and contractors.
- To establish the procurement schedules and specifications for engaging suppliers and subcontractors.
- Procure, coordinate and monitor all site activities.
- To undertake site and works visits as required, attend engineering/ project/ client progress meetings to provide the necessary input to support the successful execution of the work
Essential Experience and Skills:
- To have a proven track record within the Electrical Contracting Industry, managing safety, people management, commercial control and quality, with the addition to the ‘cradle to grave’ philosophy of project delivery.
- To be in possession of City and Guilds Electrical / Instrumentation Installation and Safety qualifications.
- Experience of working on contracts with an E&I value in range from £250k to £5M
- Strong H&S management awareness, including production of work Method Statements, Risk Assessments and understanding of Safe Systems of Work
- Strong financial awareness including financial monitoring, control and forecasting
- Excellent organisational skills including written and verbal communication
- Ability to produce reports and meet deadlines including the ability to survey productivity and progress
- Ability to sequence and programme the works, utilising different planning and programming methods/ techniques to meet SPIE, client and project requirements.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work within the office or based on sites as required
- Adept and experienced in using Microsoft Office programmes
- Excellent communications & PC skills with the ability to produce and deliver presentations etc
Please contact Reuben on 01132420303 or email@example.com