Job Title: Senior Planner (Civil Engineering & HS2)
Location: Milton Keynes (Or Surrounding Area)
Sector: Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, Earthworks, Highways, Bridges, Rail, HS2
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q1 2021
Salary: Circa £60,000 Per Annum + Package (Base salary can be negotiated on relevant experience)
Our client, a growing Civil Engineering and Construction Contractor who operate within the Infrastructure sector, have an excellent opportunity available for a Civils-bias Senior Planner, to join their team, working on large scale Civil Engineering projects, as well as work on upcoming HS2 works.
The role will involves creating programmes of work from scratch (from the bottom up) and will involve equal measures of site and tendering planning, traditionally working on projects ranging between £20 Million to £100+ Million in value.
In this role, you will work within a multidisciplinary Civil Engineering Team, who collectively have the responsibility to deliver major programmes of work, delivering multiple projects at any given time. The role will best suit candidates who have worked up from an 'onsite' background, having worked as an Engineer/Site Manager/Project Manager (or similar), or candidates who can demonstrate an understanding of the feasibility and constructability of planned works, being able to implement this knowledge into creating effective programmes of work. Whilst previous planning experience is required for this role, we are happy to consider candidates who are looking to make a move across to a planning role, providing they can provide evidence of previously creating robust programmes of work.
Further duties will include creating, developing and updating resource programmes of work for site teams / allocated projects, maintaining a robust plan of works for each project or tender, as well as motivating the core delivery team to deliver programmes of work/projects on time and in alignment with the agreed delivery strategy. Finally, you will be responsible for overseeing project controls, reporting into your line manager/director with project updates.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Creating programmes of work from scratch / first principles, to NEC3/NEC4 and JCT contract requirements.
- Programme planning and management of programmes, across Tender, Bids and Live stages.
- Providing challenge to the delivery team, in relation to project performance.
- Ensuring planning practices and standards are consistent across each individual project.
- Development of robust delivery plans and understanding constraints and sequences.
- Providing intelligence on project delivery, to facilitate better decision making.
- Producing project reports, including identification of project risks and opportunities.
- Being responsible for the implementation of joint venture planning policies and procedures, where required, as defined by the overriding Planning Manager.
- Being responsible for the production and look ahead meeting / process, to ensure it is robustly and consistently applied across all projects.
- Using a collaborative approach, creating and maintaining robust resource & cost loaded plans for all projects in the programme.
- Pro-actively producing 'what-if' scenarios, to identify delivery improvement opportunities or the development of mitigation plans.
- Resourcing load plans, in collaboration with the lead disciplines to provide programme wide visibility of resource demand.
- Ensuring the importance of the critical path activities and the sensitivity of other activities are communicated to the relevant stakeholders and these are being acted on by the delivery team.
- Reporting project updates to your line manager/director.
Candidates will ideally have:
- Previous experience creating robust programmes of work from scratch / first principles, within the Civil Engineering and Infrastructure sector, ideally on projects circa £20 Million to £100+ Million in value.
- Worked up from an Engineering or 'on site' background, being able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of construction buildability.
- Worked on large scale Infrastructure projects, such as Highways, Earthworks, Structures and Rail schemes.
- Experience using Primavera P6 or ASTA Powerproject to plan and programme work. (or similar software)
- A competent knowledge of various forms of contract including NEC3 and JCT.
- Effective communication and organisation skills.
- A proactive nature, being able to take responsibility for:
- The value the H&S and personnel wellbeing.
- Engaging with customers and stakeholders to achieve positive solutions.
- Ensuring internal departments and 3rd parties work together and implement work collaboratively.
- Personal and team development, responding positively to change in processes.
- Driving continuous improvement and actively share learning.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.