Job Title: Senior Planner x 2 (1 x Construction and 1 x Rail)
Location: Warwick to Northampton (With Midlands site travel, as required)
Sectors: Construction (Build) and Rail (Stations). + General Civil Engineering / Groundworks
Software: Primavera P6
Start Date: Q2 2021
Job Type: Permanent Role
Salary: Circa £60,000 to £70,000 Per Annum + Package (Base salary negotiable on relevant experience)
Our client, a growing Civil Engineering and Construction Contractor who operate within the Construction and Infrastructure sector, have an excellent opportunity available for Senior Planners to join their team on a permanent basis, having roles available in both their construction (build) and rail (stations) departments. The role will involves creating programmes of work from scratch (from the bottom up) and will involve equal measures of site and tendering planning, traditionally working on projects ranging from £10 Million to £100+ Million in value.
In both of the above roles, you will work within a multidisciplinary Team, who collectively have the responsibility to deliver major programmes of work, often delivering multiple projects at any given time. The role will best suit candidates who have worked up from an 'onsite' background, having worked as an Engineer/Site Manager/Project Manager (or similar) previously, or candidates who can demonstrate an understanding of the feasibility and constructability of planned works, being able to implement this knowledge into creating effective programmes of work. Whilst previous planning experience is required for this role, we are happy to consider candidates who are looking to make a move across to a planning role, providing they can provide evidence of previously creating robust programmes of work.
Rail (Stations) Role:
The role with their rail department will entail working on a rail station project in the Warwickshire region, which is underdoing redevelopment, and is inclusive of both Civil Engineering and M&E works, in a logistically challenging environment. Candidates who have a strong working knowledge of Primavera P6 and NEC forms for contract would be ideal and experience within the Rail sector is preferred.
Construction (Build) Role:
The role with their construction department will entail working on more construction projects, typically across the industrial, commercial and education sectors. Due to this, candidate will be expected to have a strong knowledge of traditional construction techniques, ideally having worked on projects above £10 Million in value previously. Candidates who have a strong working knowledge of Primavera P6 and NEC forms for contract would be ideal.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Creating programmes of work from scratch / first principles, to NEC3/NEC4 and JCT contract requirements.
- Programme planning and management of programmes, across Tender, Bids and Live stages.
- Providing challenge to the delivery team, in relation to project performance.
- Ensuring planning practices and standards are consistent across each individual project.
- Development of robust delivery plans and understanding constraints and sequences.
- Providing intelligence on project delivery, to facilitate better decision making.
- Producing project reports, including identification of project risks and opportunities.
- Being responsible for the implementation of joint venture planning policies and procedures, where required, as defined by the overriding Planning Manager.
- Being responsible for the production and look ahead meeting / process, to ensure it is robustly and consistently applied across all projects.
- Using a collaborative approach, creating and maintaining robust resource & cost loaded plans for all projects in the programme.
- Pro-actively producing 'what-if' scenarios, to identify delivery improvement opportunities or the development of mitigation plans.
- Resourcing load plans, in collaboration with the lead disciplines to provide programme wide visibility of resource demand.
- Ensuring the importance of the critical path activities and the sensitivity of other activities are communicated to the relevant stakeholders and these are being acted on by the delivery team.
Candidates will ideally have:
- Previous experience creating robust programmes of work from scratch, within the Construction, Civil Engineering or Rail sector, ideally on projects circa £10 Million to £100+ Million in value.
- Worked up from an Engineering or 'on site' background, being able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of construction buildability.
- Worked on large scale Infrastructure projects, such as Highways, Earthworks, Structures and Rail schemes.
- Experience using Primavera P6 or ASTA Powerproject to plan and programme work. (or similar software)
- A competent knowledge of various forms of contract including NEC3 and JCT.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.