Vacancy - Senior Highways Engineer
Location - London
Our Client are a leading consultancy that are looking to take on a Senior Highways Engineer to join their Land Development team.
You will be working on Highway and Infrastructure schemes from feasibility through to completion.
You will be responsible for providing experience and direction to the project team on highway design and construction.
The company you will be working for also offer a Flexible and Agile working environment.
- Design responsibility for Highways and Infrastructure projects.
- Utilisation of local staff, contractor staff in other offices, and sub consultants.
- Manage design and disciplines for projects.
- Collate project information and consult with Clients.
- Supervise site-based projects as required.
- Supervise and delegate to subordinates and others as required.
- Provide technical input into major / minor highway and infrastructure schemes.
- Coordinate and consult with other offices.
- Maintain a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation, and current relevant design methods.
- Comply with all Company Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Execute site-based or head office functions, consulting with the clients and other contractor’s staff to collect project specific information as required by the Project Manager.
- Check/approve own and other staff work, including third party design proposals, as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects.
- Perform other duties identified in the Project Management Plan or as required by the Project Manager on assigned projects.
- Supervise technical work of other staff as required.
- Assist in monitoring, planning, and forecasting utilisation of own discipline team members.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree or HND/ HNC in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Incorporated Engineer (IEng).
- Design and delivery on a range of multi- disciplinary projects within highway and infrastructure environments for public and private sector clients.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD applications.
- Proficient with the use of spreadsheets and databases.
- Experience of the main management systems & processes used within a similar business.
- Sound knowledge of DMRB and MCHW.
- Chartered or working towards Chartership.
- Previous experience working in an engineering organisation.
- Pavement and drainage design.
- Experience of supervising highways works contracts.
- Experience of client engagement and business development.
- Project Management accreditation
If you or anyone you know would be interested in this excellent opportunity, get in touch on E: Subhan.Hussain@anderselite.com T: 07561506211 or apply directly!