I have been asked by my client, a global Design and Engineering Consultancy, to assist them in identifying a high quality Senior Flood Modeller to join their Design Team and add value to the projects as a whole.
This position relates to HS2 packages of work in the South East of England, but no location for the technical output has been specified. Therefore I would welcome applications from candidates (with relevant experience) living anywhere in the UK.
What will the role involve?
* To lead the junior modelers in the representation of the developing detailed designs within the flood models and to feedback flood predictions / suggested design refinements so the developing designs comply with the HS2 flood risk technical standards.
* To support the wider project team (ASC, EKFB, HS2, EA) on flood modelling considerations.
* To fulfill the PCRA checker role with respect to the flood models and the Flood Level Analysis Reports.
* Liaison with the technical disciplines across the HS2 project.
* Leading on the update of the flood model and interaction with the detailed design teams.
* Technical checker for the Flood Models and Flood Level Analysis Reports.
* Support liaison with ASC permanent works design teams.
* Support liaison with GWP temporary works design teams.
* Support liaison with EKFB teams.
* Support liaison with EA teams.
* Support liaison with HS2 teams.
What will be required?
* As an experienced professional you will have received chartership with an appropriate body (CIWEM, ICE) or be able to demonstrate substantial progress in achieving this chartership.
* Degree in an appropriate analytical subject (e.g. Civil Engineering, Geography, Environmental Science, Water Resources, Engineering Hydrology)
* Fluvial flood modelling experience using industry-standard software such as ISIS / TUFLOW / ESTRY / FLOOD MODELLER PRO
* Ability to lead and carryout Flood Modelling and Flood Risk Studies and an in-depth knowledge of UK flood risk policy and industry standards.
* Skills in GIS (MapInfo or ArcGIS)
* Have experience working on large and complex multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects.
* Good motivation, influencing and people management skills.
* Manage quality processes.
If this sounds like a role you could effectively take on and make your own, please contact in complete confidence at the earliest opportunity.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.