Job Title: Senior Estimator (HS2, Civil Engineering)
Location: Birmingham / Warwickshire
Sector: HS2, Heavy Civil Engineering, Earthworks, Drainage, Highways/Roads, Structures (Bridges)
Experience: Candy Estimating Software, Estimating from First Principles
Job Type: Permanent role
Salary: Circa £60,000 to £75,000 Per Annum + Package (Base salary negotiable on relevant experience)
Our client, a growing Civil Engineering and Construction Contractor, who operate within the Infrastructure sector, have an excellent opportunity available for experienced Senior Estimators to join their team on a permanent basis, where you will get the opportunity to work on HS2 Projects (Heavy Civil Engineering works).
In this role, you will work within a multidisciplinary Civil Engineering Team, who collectively have the responsibility to deliver major programmes of work, delivering multiple projects ranging from £10 Million to £100+ Million (value). Typical workload on the heavy Civil Engineering and HS2 works will include, but is not limited to: Earthworks, Drainage, Highways/Roads, Structures (Bridges) etc.
Overall, this is an exciting role that will help to expand the current business unit, in turn helping the whole business to significantly grow over the coming years, in return being able to develop through your career as required. Their current pipeline of work comes from existing clients however you will also get change to work with new clients in the future, giving you the opportunity to work within a growing team.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Building up pricing lists using Candy Estimating Software, using first principles estimating through up to date technology.
- Reviewing tender documentation to fully understand the scope of works.
- Identifying commercial risk and opportunities for project cost reduction, where applicable.
- Establishing and communicating estimating tender timeline.
- Creating Civil Engineering project cost estimates, encompassing Drainage, Highways/Roads, Structures (i.e. Bridges), Earthworks etc, to support the wider team when setting project budgets.
- Working with the supply chain to ensure target prices are set.
- Generating bespoke target prices for major projects using agreed schedule of rates.
- Engaging early in tenders, with the bid team, to identify proposed works delivery method.
- Quantifying works involved from tender documents, by taking off and producing a logical bill of quantities, in a recognised standard form, including identification of method related items.
- Preparing an accurate cost estimate for the preliminary resources required to carry out the works, in accordance with agreed programme & engineering requirements.
- Participating in risk reviews of tenders, to inform bid decisions in conjunction with Pre-Construction and Operational staff.
- Preparing pricing documents in the correct format, for submission to the Client
- On acceptance of tender by the client, assisting in checking that proposed contract reflects the enquiry documents and subsequent offer.
- Preparing and presenting tender handover documents to the delivery team.
- Liaising with the construction teams, at scheme close out meetings, to ensure outputs and resource data are collected, providing feedback for future tenders.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant industry qualification, such as a Degree, ONC, HNC or NVQ Equivalent.
- Worked up from an Engineering background.
- Previous experience working in a similar role, having delivered heavy Civil Engineering or HS2 works which include, but are not limited to: Earthworks, Drainage, Highways/Roads, Structures (Bridges) etc.
- Working knowledge of Candy Estimating Software.
- Previously created estimates from first principles.
- Working knowledge of standard forms of contract, such as NEC, JCT and FIDIC.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.