£55,000 - £60,000
My client, a reputable contractor, is seeking to expand their tender team by bringing on a Senior Estimator to join them in their regional offices in London.
The client are a specialist asset maintenance contractor, for the inspection, repair and refurbishment of buildings and structures across a wide range of sectors, in particular infrastructure.
You will come in and provide competitive and profitable building and civil engineering tenders and quotations, successfully contributing to increasing the company's workload and turnover.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- The production of tenders and quotations for a variety of works including general concrete repairs, cathodic protection, resin injection, guniting, external wall insulation, cladding, deck waterproofing, plate bonding, specialist coatings, and other associated works and services
- Analysis of client's specification and contract conditions, bonds and warranties
- Entering tender details & maintaining data records on CDS database system
- Carry out site visits
- Pre-tender measurement and valuations
- Gathering information and data
- Pricing materials and plant requirements
- Assessing labour requirements and costs
- Compiling tender programmes using Microsoft Excel and Project
- Compiling sub-contract enquiries and other quotations
- Obtaining competitive prices with suppliers
- Carry out Tender Risk Management Procedures
- Review of tenders prior to submission
- Liaison with other members of the estimating team
- Liaison with contract staff, clients & their representatives, sub-contractors & suppliers
- Advising and corresponding with clients including local authorities
- Attending pre-contract meetings
- Working to strict tender deadlines
- Assist in preparation of quality bid submissions
- Production of alternative bids
- Following tenders from initial enquiry through to receipt of orders
- Carry out duties in accordance with Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality Management System
- Use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project
- Complying with company policies and procedures
- Complying with IMS procedures and relevant legislation
- Ensuring professionalism and quality is maintained throughout all activities
It is envisaged that the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Civils infrastructure experience (Required)
- Reinforced Concrete experience (Ideally)
- Proven longevity at a contractor
- Several years experience
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.