Senior Engineer - Yorkshire (projects at Doncaster and Hull, Huddersfield, Chesterfield - location dependent on your home address). Salary £45k-£55k+car/car allowance and excellent benefits, and a clear structured career path.
Working as a Senior Engineer (with some setting out duties) for a tier one main contractor, you will work collaboratively with the wider project team to deliver successful project outcomes.
What will I be doing?
· Supervise the works to ensure the highest standards of health and safety are maintained
· In conjunction with the engineers and surveyors, ensure all setting out is present and correct before work starts and mentor the Junior Engineers as required
· Ensure ITPs and MARs are in place prior to works commencing and followed/completed during the works
· In conjunction with the Supervisor, ensure that plant, labour and materials for each item of work are identified and available in good time
· Review the drawings and specification to identify errors and omissions and bring these to the attention of the project team via TQ’s
· Be fully conversant with supply chain contract conditions and the attendances
· Communicate with the project team, issues of non-conformances and contractual correspondence, maintaining comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works
· Keep a full and accurate daily diary, including any changes / variations, specialist attendances, upload all daily diary reports and provide the construction manager/works manager
· Civil Engineering/Construction related qualification (HNC, HND, BSc MSc, BEng, MEng)
· Site Management Safety Training Scheme SMSTS
· Relevant CSCS Card
· Other relevant training (preferred includes Appointed Person, relevant lifting training and temporary works co-ordination and first aid/fire marshall would be desired)
· Understanding of Engineering Principles and extensive technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices
· Knowledge of construction contracts and forms of contract through formal training
· Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control systems)
· Successful experience at a Site Engineer level