Anderselite have been contracted to source a Senior Design Manager to join a very successful multi-disciplinary contractor within the UK’s Top 10 Contractors. The role will be held in Jull for the foeseeable future as the contractor have many 'New Build' projects in the region.
The successful candidate will set out, and successfully implement, the regional business strategy for delivering efficient cost control and procurement needs in line with business unit targets. Monitor all contractual issues, reviewing costs on a continuing basis, identifying and realising cost saving opportunities. Overseeing material and subcontract procurement.
- Manage the off-site design process on Stage 1 and 2 tenders, commencing at ‘RIBA Stage 2 or 3 – Concept or Developed Design’, in accordance with the group Design Management processes and procedures.
- Manage the on-site design process at ‘RIBA Stage 4 and 5 – Technical Design and Construction’, in accordance with the VCUK Design Management processes and procedures.
- Review the Tender Information including the Employer’s Information Requirements and any existing Design Team appointments and determine the scope and extent of all remaining design work, prior to the Tender Start-up meeting
- Verify that the existing Tender (design) Information is compliant, coordinated, affordable (within the existing budget) and buildable prior to the Tender Settlement meeting
- Determine, in conjunction with the bid team, the strategy for the completion of all remaining design work
- Assess / audit all novated Design Team members and if applicable negotiate any additional services
- Prepare and issue fee enquiries for supplementary Design Team members
- Select and informally appoint supplementary Design Team members for both Pre and Post Contract Stages
- Prepare and issue fee enquiries for any additional survey work and or reports
- Produce and agree the Tender Stage Design Programme and Design Deliverables with the primary, secondary and specialist subcontract designers and monitor / report on progress
- Produce and agree the Project Stage ‘draft’ Design Programme, Design Deliverables and Specialist sub-contractor Procurement Schedule
- Establish a Common Data Environment (CDE)
- Produce the ‘draft’ Design Management Plan (DMP) and BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Develop, in conjunction with the Design Team, competitive, technically robust design and engineering solutions that respond to the Employer’s Requirements
- Engage with ‘preferred’ specialist subcontractors to develop innovative design solutions and close out design interfaces
- Compile a schedule of design assumptions, design opportunities (VE), design risks (HSE/CDM) identified during the Tender Stage design process
- Assist in the technical review of specialist subcontract tender returns and review all alternative design solutions
- Evaluate the commercial responses to specialist sub-contract tender returns and propose recommendations for bid inclusion
- Establish the extent of all outstanding Planning and Building Regulation Matters
The business is providing an outstanding opportunity with a very secure, Tier 1 contractor with an overall order book in the billions. In exchange, they are providing a fantastic salary and package.
If you think that this role is for you and would like to be include or just know more about it, then please submit your CV today!