SENIOR DESIGN MANAGER
Remuneration: £70,000 - £80,000 per annum plus package (negotiable subject to experience)
Start Date: October
A large main contractor specialising in high rise developments across NW region requires a Senior Design Manager to join permanently and oversee the design management on ongoing residential developments. This scheme is valued at over £30M with high expectations of becoming the flagship site for the region.
The primary task will be to take lead on key design team meetings and implement cost effective design solutions throughout the full project lifecycle as such you will be predominantly based on site with the freedom to orientate your calendar as you see fit.
• Manage relationships across the project team including client, consultants, and subcontractors and have a thorough understanding of the process and risks/opportunities related to managing the design regarding Employer’s Requirements, Contractors’ Proposals.
• Ongoing review of design, subcontractor enquiries & documentation to ensure compliance and identify potential interface issues.
• Be influential in supporting the business achieve their Net Zero & sustainability commitments.
• Mentoring a team of design coordinators to reach their full potential.
• Manage CDM Regulations, Regulatory Approvals and Planning Conditions.
What we require from you?
• Degree qualified or relevant qualification in Construction e.g., HND.
• 5 – 10 years’ experience working as a Design Manager or Senior Design Manager.
• Understanding and coordination of design/systems and their integration within the construction process
• Technically minded with a thorough understanding of Building Regulations, current BREEAM & Sustainability requirements, and Industry Best Practice Guidance.
• Previous experience working on technically demanding projects.
• Highly organised with an in-depth commercial acumen and contractual awareness
• Ability to plan, report, organise and project manage, especially in relation to programme output.
• Ability and willingness to face challenges and solve problems independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent working knowledge of construction techniques, sequences, methodologies, and processes to aid project deliverability.
The project is anticipated to continue the revolution of Manchester with state-of-the-art amenities and provides a unique opportunity to make a lasting impact across the region continuing a track record of delivering iconic structures that redefine skylines. If you are technically minded, get in touch.
To find out more contact Stephen Pindar on 0161 503 1956 (Specialist Construction Recruitment consultant) for a private and confidential chat OR
Email your updated CV to email@example.com
- Sector: Construction
- Contact: Stephen Pindar
- Contact Email: Stephen.Pindar@anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 0161 503 1956
- Expiry Date: 05 October 2023
- Job Ref: 404074SOP
SENIOR DESIGN MANAGER