I am currently recruiting a Senior Consultant - Healthcare Planner for my client in the South West. You will work as part of the regional team, offering a range of support and services to our clients; focused on developing models of care, future activity forecasting and optimised capacity planning. The role is specifically recruiting for Senior Consultant in Health Strategy and Planning. This role will require you to work autonomously with senior client leads to develop core clinical requirements, physical capacity assumptions and service design briefs to inform both business cases and design team development work.
You will work with a range of healthcare providers and commissioners including, but not limited to, acute trusts, primary care, mental health and community health providers. Utilising healthcare planning tools and population health insights to support the development of sustainable future estates and service models. An understanding of key performance and quality measures in healthcare and the evolving national models of care and international exemplars should inform the support you offer our clients.
Working closely with other team members you will assist in the implementation and provision of high-quality consultancy advice. Our aim is to be a partner of choice for our clients, working with them on both the operational and strategic aspects of their business. You will be expected to develop quickly and begin to take additional responsibility for the management and delivery of specific projects. The job offers opportunities to work across the different teams within the business, on both a local and nation level.
The role is to execute work to a high quality, learn and gain experience from your peers and work toward professional development. The workplace is a fluid environment, where staff are regularly coming and going from the office to meet with clients and respond to needs of the business. You should possess a high level of self-discipline, good time management and be able to work independently.
The current pandemic has required all employees to be flexible about where they work, whilst maintaining a responsible approach to their own health and safety and the needs and demands of their clients. My client is committed to facilitating safe, Covid-secure working solutions and will offer both technological and logistical solutions to enable all employees to work from home as much as possible. There continue to be occasions were working at your base office or a client location is required; this will be properly risk assessed and all appropriate social-distancing and hygiene measures will be adhered to.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Attend training to develop and build on knowledge and professional skills; including OCG Prince 2/MSP and Better Business Case accreditation as indicated by your role;
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the healthcare sector; particularly focused on emerging models of care, Integrated care system and Health Improvement Programme capital development schemes;
- Be a committed and inclusive member of the team; who supports others throughout business flexibly when this is requested;
- Maintain a positive and proactive approach in response to changing requirements within a highly dynamic planning environment;
Health Strategy and Planning team
- Support strategic projects within clinical environments;
- Manage complex stakeholder consultations, including collaborative evidence based clinical
- Be accomplished in trouble shooting and problem solving, utilising Lean six sigma principles; Apply these principles including demand and capacity modelling to optimise service utilisation;
- Undertake cross specialty stakeholder planning, management and communications development;
- Demonstrate excellence communication skills with an ability to offer a strategic assessment of situations quickly;
- Be able to work with conflicting needs to develop 'win-win' scenarios whilst maintaining alignment with strategic goals;
- Have particular skills around securing clinical consensus in challenging environments are required;
- Support feasibility clinical/estates studies and investment appraisals, inclusive of innovative service/capital solutions; Focused on models of care and optimal estates environment;
- Develop service level clinical and estate strategies; and support the development of system wide strategies;
- Contribute to whole health economy clinical and estates strategic models;
- Prepare reports, strategies and business cases and present outputs to clients at Senior Executive Director / Chief Executive level;
- Lead detailed data analysis and capacity planning for clinical and support services, and infrastructure requirements;
- Manage concept and detailed design development through robust clinical planning processes;
- Lead and deliver tender responses, proposals and key service line products to the market;
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with our clients and key client accounts/frameworks.
If you would like to be considered for this role then please forward a copy of your CV in the first instance.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.