Job Title: Senior Construction Manager
Location: Warwickshire / Oxfordshire
Sectors: Construction, Industrial, Logistics, Warehouse, Fitout, New Build, Extensions
Job Type: Permanent role
Salary: £55,000 to £60,000 Per Annum + Package (Negotiable based on relevant experience)
Our client, one of the fastest growing principal contractors within the UK Construction sector, is currently looking to add a Senior Construction Manager to their team on a permanent basis. In this role, you will initially focus on delivering a £15+ Million Construction project in Warwickshire / Oxfordshire, including fit out works to new build industrial and logistics buildings.
For this initial project will report into a Project Manager, holding responsibility for the safe and timely delivery of construction and industrial fit out construction duties overseeing all aspects of the construction works, including HSQE and CDM regulations. As well as overseeing direct workforce, you will also be responsible for overseeing subcontractors, ensuring that all parties are delivering works to the required standards.
Daily duties include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring daily activities on site, to ensure the timely and safe delivery of construction activities, to HSQE standards.
- Being responsible for maintaining site records and paperwork, from RAMS through to progress reports.
- Undertaking safety inspections, completing site induction, toolbox talks and safety briefings.
- Adhering to CDM regulations.
- Monitoring site to reduce waste, ensuring appropriate use of plant, personal and tools.
- Overseeing direct labour / workforce as well as managing supply chain partners & subcontractors.
- Ensuring that all works are completed with the internal Quality Management System (QMS).
- Reading specifications and drawings, ensuring plans created on Asta PowerProject are clear and effective.
- Identifying and managing risk vs opportunity, working with project and operations staff as support.
- Stakeholder management including communication with client, design staff, local authorities and other associated parties.
- Working with commercial teams to monitor and manage costs.
- In the future, assist the tender team working alongside the bid team, contributing to bid strategy.
Candidates will ideally:
- Previously experience working in a similar role, delivering construction and fit out works on industrial projects.
- Have a relevant Construction Management qualification, such as a degree or similar.
- Have experience overseeing site based teams, managing internal workforce and external subcontractors
- Have a strong knowledge of HSQE and CDM regulations.
- Have strong organisation and communication skills, including project planning / programming.
- Have previously used Asta PowerProject.
- Strong IT skills and management ability.
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520.