Vacancy - Senior Civil Engineer
Location - Guildford
Anderselite are currently working with one of the leading consultancies in the UK and are looking for a Senior Civil Engineer with water or wastewater engineering experience to join their Design & Engineering team.
The role holder will provide Optioneering, Outline and Detailed design inputs for AMP7 Frameworks, including Irish Water, South West Water, Welsh Water programmes (across several Framework Contracts) covering diverse and technically demanding and stimulating projects in the areas of Wastewater / Clean-water Infrastructure and Non-Infrastructure. Future progression opportunities within this role include moves into technical lead, design lead and project management type positions.
This exciting and challenging role represents a significant opportunity for the right person to showcase their Technical experience and skills, to get involved with the south of the UK’s future water and environmental improvement schemes and to join my client’s the growing Water Design & Engineering team.
• Liaison with clients to understand their specific requirements,
• Inputs to the development of Feasibility level design and Optioneering assessments,
• Preparation of outline & detailed designs drawings and associated other Construction- Ready documentation,
• Preparation of clear and well-structured design calculations, reports, drawings and other deliverables,
• Liaison with contractors, the supply chain and other project stakeholders
Qualifications & Experience
• A good level of experience working within a civil engineering capacity, preferably within the water industry
• Good level of understanding and experience of civil design in water/sewage treatment works and infrastructure projects
• Wider design or construction related experience within the UK Civil Engineering sector
• Experience of working in multidisciplinary teams
• Ability to adapt to changing situations, with the talent to think effectively and clearly and implement effective solutions when faced with challenging stakeholders
• Degree in Civil Engineering or similar discipline
• Working towards Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer professional status
• Good working knowledge and understanding of the applicable British Standards, UK Industry Codes of Practice and Water Specifications
• Good motivation and influencing skills
If this is of interest please apply or for more details on this role and for an informal chat contact Subhan Hussain on 0113 531 6468 or via email Subhan.Hussain@anderselite.com