Role: Senior Civil Engineer (Design) – Water Sector
Location: Leeds and Warrington
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience
This role offers a Hybrid working Pattern and flexible working hours
Are you ready to work as part of a multi-award-winning, multidiciplinary consultancy firm who is a global leader in engineering services, design consultation, and project management. I am currently working with a client looking for civilo engineers of multipul levels of seniority to join their ranks.
You will be working alongside a team of civil engineering experts on a variety of difficult projects in industries primarily including water, but also including, cities and development, energy, and defence. You could be working on an isolated project or on one of the world's most challenging and intricate infrastructure projects as a member of a larger, multidisciplinary team.
There will always be opportunities to challenge and grow yourself as the client's scope encompasses a wide range of tasks such as utilities, drainage, pavement design, and even more heavy seismic structure design both in the UK and overseas.
Your knowledge will span the whole life cycle of buildings and other physical structures, including the feasibility, planning, research, design, and supervision of brand-new assets as well as the evaluation, maintenance, and rehabilitation of already-existing ones.
As a Civil Design Engineer, you will be responsible for:
• Developing proposals, fees, and scope definitions in response to customer bids.
• Engagement of clients and/or contractors (including Design & Build) to lead and participate in conversations on technical water civil engineering solutions with both technical and non-technical clients throughout the project delivery and bid stages.
• Achieving successful project deliveries with teams from throughout the world, including the UK, while working cooperatively in a multidisciplinary setting.
• Ensuring that projects are delivered effectively and in accordance with the schedule and budget, while adhering to the set business management governance.
• The production and evaluation of design deliverables for projects, including engineering design calculations, drawings, and report writing, in line with applicable design standards and codes of a set design management system.
• Taking the initiative and helping design high-quality and secure technical solutions for projects in compliance with pertinent design standards and rules.
• Leading and participating in the implementation of initiatives in digital engineering and cutting-edge developments in water sector solutions.
• Mentoring other team members while assuming possible line management responsibilities.
You will need:
• Chartered Member of an established engineering institution
• Civil Engineering Degree
• Practical knowledge of design, design-and-build, and bid delivery in the water and/or wastewater engineering sector globally (with a focus on the UK and Gulf areas)
• A strong technical background in the water sector, including knowledge of applicable UK and international norms and standards for water and/or wastewater infrastructure and/or non-infrastructure assets.
• Collaborating with contractors to successfully implement engineering solutions, including in a design-and-build setting.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively and unsupervised in a multidisciplinary team, including with clients, contractors and colleagues.
• Good understanding of digital initiatives and their applications in the water industry.
• A flexible approach to the type of work and location of project tasks, including work or foreign visits, if required.
You will receive:
- Competitive Pay
- A collaborative and friendly working culture
- 25 days holiday + Statutory Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy additional days
- Gymneer looking for a new role then please reach out and apply.
- Membership Discounts
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programmes for advice and counselling
- A generous company Pension and Death in Service scheme
- Company car
If you are a Civil Design Engi
For more information, please contact Danielle Vermeer on 0113 242 0303 or email Danielle.Vermeer@anderselite.com