Anderselite are currently recruiting on behalf of a tier one contractor, for a Senior Buyer in Cannock. This role will offer you continued development, a diverse stakeholder population as well a great team to work with. This will be working upon a pretigious project within the Midlands. Ideal candidates will have civils / rail / NEC contract experience in the past.
What you will be doing
- Support the development of an accredited and structured supply chain that is aligned to the regional demands and overall Murphy strategy
- Input to the monitoring of the market place to ensure awareness of pricing trends, risks and opportunities.
- Identify and assess new supply chain category areas to meet regional project demand.
- Support the monitoring of the supply chain performance, workload and financial status to protect the corporate position.
- Support the development of the supply chain, products and innovations that bring cost and/or buildability benefits
- Lead category reviews, inclusive of full tender exercises from ITT through to recommendation and implementation / severance of suppliers.
- Demonstrate best overall value for money in the procurement recommendations.
- Ensure contract arrangements comprehensive and protect the business in its dealings with suppliers. Interpret & manage contractual relationships from commencement through delivery.
- Contribute to Central Procurement documents; e.g. commodity reporting.
- Ensure a robust negotiation process is applied across the framework supply chain.
- Develop and forge closer relationships with the strategic supply chain to encourage a culture of collaboration.
- Work to embed supplier relationships within the group, added value concerns and help to increase early engagement.
- Attend regional supply chain events as required to promote and sell and encourage teamwork.
- Establish good relationships with internal stakeholders and project teams
- Understanding of the requirements of ethical and sustainable procurement, promoting JMS sustainable policy and working to assess and embed sustainable options.
Who we are looking for
- Procurement experience
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word etc.)
- Construction industry experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills & experience managing stakeholder relationships
- CIPS qualification or working towards is beneficial
- Ability to travel with the role (there will be a need to visit sites, suppliers and JMS regional offices).
- Rail experience
- Civils Background
Please contact Harry Sharrard at Anderselite for more information via LinkedIn