Vacancy - Senior Bridge Engineer
Location - London
As a Senior Bridge Engineer, you will be providing specialist and technically demanding input to bridge and multidisciplinary civil engineering projects.
• Working with both existing and new bridges and civil structures across a range of materials and forms, substructure and articulation elements.
• Involvement at early projects stages: scoping, specifying and interpreting surveys, inspection and investigative works, optioneering, scheme design.
• Detailed design: modelling, calculations, overseeing drawing production.
• Document preparation, including authoring technical reports, such as AIPs, specifications and contract documents.
• Reviewing the work of other: cat 3 checking, as a client representative and designer’s site representative.
• Interfacing with clients from local and national authorities, consultants, and D&B contractors amongst others.
• Supporting graduate engineers as they progress towards chartership.
• Minimum five years experience in the bridges sector.
• For exceptional candidates, fewer years’ experience than that outlined above be considered.
• Chartered engineer with the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or equivalent.
• Detailed knowledge and experience in the use of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and other standards and legislation.
• Fluent/highly proficient in spoken and written English.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Good organizational skills.
• Motivated individual with a strong work ethic.
• Ability to undertake and/or manage structural analysis modelling, such as grillages and finite element.
• Multidisciplinary consultancy or contracting experience from allied civil engineering disciplines, such as highways, structural, geotechnics, rail or water.
• A willingness and aptitude for understanding and contributing to colleagues’ work in areas beyond transportation infrastructure projects.
• Interest in developing a business, liaising directly with clients and working on bids and tenders.
If you are interested apply now or feel free to call Subhan Hussain on 07561506211 or send an email to Subhan.Hussain@anderselite.com for more information.