Vacancy - Senior Bridge Engineer
Location - Wakefield
Our client is a leading engineering consultancy in the UK and are looking to take on an experienced Senior Bridge Engineer.
This is a Permanent position and you will be based at an office in Wakefield.
The ideal candidate for this role will have excellent knowledge in Bridges and Civil Structures.
You will be supported by a friendly team environment which will understand your needs and will allow you to progress further in your new position.
- Undertaking and supervising design and assessment for various forms of bridges or civil structural assets in both rail and road environments
- Structural analysis for a wide variety of bridges, including the use of appropriate software
- Close working with others in the team, designing and assessing to compliant bridge codes and standards, including Eurocodes and industry standards, and developing practical and pragmatic solutions
- Assisting and mentoring younger engineers in the team
- Assisting as appropriate, with business promotion and bidding / work winning
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Good people skills
- Liaising face-to-face with clients
- Structural knowledge and good understanding of structural behaviour / analytical techniques using engineering software, are essential.
Qualifications & Experience
- BSc, BEng, or MSc degree in Civil Engineering
- Chartered status (CEng) with Institution of Civil Engineers (MICE)
- Experience in analytical software packages
- Pragmatic design and assessment experience of bridges
For more information or for a quick chat feel free to contact Subhan Hussain on 07561506211 or send an email to Subhan.Hussain@anderselite.com