My client, an esteemed tier one contractor, is seeking to attract a Section Engineer to join their team on HS2.
The Section Engineer will join the Central Shafts team and be involved in the construction of the Greenpark Way Ventilation Shaft. Experience gained on major civil engineering projects preferred, including large diameter shaft construction using segmental and sprayed concrete lining.
Section Engineer duties and responsibilities:
- Undertake duties as directed by the Agent and Sub-Agent including;
- Day to day work site coordination and planning to ensure the works are carried out safely and efficiently
- Working with subcontractors to ensure the timely preparation and review of Risk Assessment Method Statements, Inspection and Test Plans, Permits, Consents etc for the works and that these are implemented.
- Ensuring Permit to Dig, Temporary Works and other safety systems are implemented
- Liaison with the Site Foreman to ensure the adherence to safe methods of work.
- Ensuring all temporary works needs are identified sufficiently early and completed in accordance with the relevant procedures.
- Ensuring all quality checks are carried out in accordance with the ITP’s and properly recorded.
- The management of non-conformance reporting and managing the non-conformances on site until complete.
Health, Safety and Environment:
- Ensuring health and safety is given the highest priority in the delivery of the works
- Be familiar with, and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies
- Ensure that the Health Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures are effectively communicated to the workforce and implemented
- Work collaboratively with the HS2 team and other contractors, subcontractors works packages to achieve the overall project goals