Job Title: Site Quality Engineer (HS2 - RC)
Location: Buckinghamshire / Northamptonshire
Sector: HS2, RC, Reinforced Concrete, Green Tunnels, Precast Concrete Assembly
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q2 / Q3 2021
Salary: Circa £45,000 to £55,000 Per Annum + Package
** (Base salary can be negotiated on level/relevant experience)
Our client, a large Civil Engineering contractor, is currently recruiting a Site Quality Engineer for their HS2 team, to help deliver Green Tunnel packages on the HS2 scheme. The works are being carried out in the central section of HS2 (Northamptonshire / Buckinghamshire) and include the preparation and pouring of reinforced concrete slabs (RC), the assembly of precast concrete tunnel segments and the re-use of excavated material (cut-and-cover).
The role would suit an experienced Quality Engineer / Senior Engineer / QC Engineer, who has a strong background in heavy civil engineering (with strong RC / Reinforced Concrete experience), who is interested in working on the HS2 scheme over the coming years. This position will provide the opportunity to join a growing team, getting onboard with the works from inception, providing input into processes and procedures, to ensure work is delivered effectively and safely.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Taking overall responsibility for delivering works to set Quality requirements.
- Logging quality checks and reporting information as required.
- Monitoring the performance of subcontractors on site (such as land surveyors), as well as internal labour workforce.
- Compiling records of as-built activities in accordance with contract procedures.
- Maintaining and promoting contractual Quality standards to the internal and external teams.
- Maintaining company quality standards.
- Reviewing the delivery of work, identifying areas of concern or improvement.
- Participating in progress meetings with the commercial team and the client.
Candidates will ideally have:
- Circa 10 years' experience managing quality of on-site construction works, ideally bias towards RC / reinforced concrete works (RC slabs, insitu concrete and precast concrete works etc).
- A relevant qualification towards quality management (preferred, not essential).
- Experience of working with construction teams, on the installation of reinforced concrete works.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to read and understand technical drawings and contractual requirements.
- Good communication, presentation and organisational skills.
For more information or to apply for this role, please apply for the role online initially, or connect with Tim Smyth at Anderselite, via LinkedIn.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.