Job Title: Rail Surveyor
Location: Midlands (Some Projects Out Of Midlands)
Sector: Geomatics, Highways, Rail, Utilities, Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, Surveying
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q4 2021
Our client, a leading geomatic surveying and mobile mapping company, who operate with in the Rail, Construction Infrastructure sectors, has an excellent opportunity available for a Rail Surveyor to join their team on a permanent basis, due to continued expansion, delivering a range of surveys on large scale projects across the Rail, Highway and Utility sectors, using the latest digital technology available, overall striving for innovation.
In this role, you will support Senior Surveying and Project Management staff, conducting surveys in the correct manner, on small to medium sized projects, managing timescales, through planning and executing projects. Applicable candidates will have a good understanding of typical survey techniques such as Control networks, GNSS surveys, Traversing & Levelling of survey control, in a rail and non-rail environment.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Plain line topographic rail surveys.
- Fence to fence boundary surveys.
- S&C rail surveys.
- Platform & Structure gauging surveys.
- Overhead line equipment surveys (Height & Stagger).
- HDS laser scanning experience advantageous.
- Office data processing of the above information.
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties that may arise.
- Able to determine the most effective methodology for the planning and execution of survey tasks.
- Work effectively as part of a team onsite.
- Management and maintenance of survey equipment.
- Office data processing of the above information to produce CAD Drawings, gauging files & registered point clouds. (experience is advantageous).
- Adherence to Company manuals and processes.
- Ensure QA/QC Compliance.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant qualification in a surveying related discipline (Advantageous).
- Previous experience working within a similar role, within a Land Surveying / Rail Surveying / Geomatic department (2+ years).
- Experience of topographical surveys, GNSS, and robotic total stations.
- Relevant qualifications such as CSCS, Sentinel PTS, Sentinel COSS, SWL1, SWL2 (COSS Uplift Per Shift).
- Experience of using Track measuring devices TMDs - (Advantageous).
- Experience using CAD software.
- Full UK driving licence
Candidates will need a full UK driving licence and will be required pass regular drugs and alcohol screening.
Flexibility in working hours, the willingness to travel and to work outside in adverse weather conditions are all essential requirements of this role.
This role will be primarily site based and consist of some night shifts, Monday to Thursday night with overtime opportunities at the weekend.
For more information or to apply for this role, please apply for the role online or send your CV to email@example.com, or connect with Tim Smyth at Anderselite, via LinkedIn.