Job Roles: Quantity Surveyors & Senior Quantity Surveyors (Water AMP7)
Location: East Anglia
Sector: Water, AMP7, WTW, WwTW, Sewage, Environment Agency, Flood Defence
Start Date: Q2/Q2 2021
Job Type: Permanent Roles
Salary: Circa £40,000 to £50,000 Per Annum + Package
**Salary is negotiable on relevant experience / level**
Our client, a large multidisciplinary Tier 1 Civil Engineering & Infrastructure Contractor, is currently recruiting Quantity Surveyors and Senior Quantity Surveyors in the Lincolnshire, Cambridgeshire and wider East Anglia region, looking for people to join their Water & Utilities team on a permanent basis.
In this role, you will be part of a growing commercial team, responsible for managing the cost of key contracts with large blue-chip clients, across the East Anglia region, working on both small scale and large-scale projects (circa £1 Million to £100 Million+).
The role will suit candidates who have previous experience working within the Water sector, ideally on AMP6 / AMP7 projects (Infra or Non Infra), or candidates who have delivered works on similar infrastructure schemes. This role will provide the opportunity to join a growing commercial team, offering continual career progression, working with other experienced commercial professionals. You will be work alongside commercial and project management professionals, to positively impact existing and upcoming projects, via commercial support and control.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring cost control is maintained throughout all functions (procurement, delivery, design etc).
- Ensuring that robust cost management processes are in place and implemented at all times, completing accurate and timely reports, generally assisting with wider commercial decisions.
- Ensuring that the wider project team understand contractual requirements, ensuring that work progress within contract constraints and within client requirements / parameters / procedures.
- Supporting the Project Team with both project and commercial deliverables.
- Providing support to and mentoring Assistant Quantity Surveyors, for specific projects. (Dependant on level)
- Preparing sub-contract tender packages, carrying out comparisons and placing relevant orders.
- Ensuring that commercial records are up-held (including final accounts) and maintained, ensuring that financial and cost assurance is available, for future audits.
- Being responsible for the management, collation, interpretation and analysis of project commercial records.
- Producing monthly cost & value forecasts, including monthly project review reports.
- Identifying risk/opportunity vs project spend / budget.
- Providing sub-contractor management to various projects.
- Producing impact assessments, early warnings, risk expenditure and compensation event submissions.
- Managing compliance and suitability surrounding processes and procedures on a project basis.
Candidates will ideally have:
- Previous experience as a Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor within the Civil Engineering / Infrastructure sector, ideally on Water projects, AMP6/7 schemes or similar infrastructure projects.
- Have a competent knowledge of Civil Engineering (Knowledge of Water, Waste Water, Infrastructure, Flood Defence & Prevention projects would be advantageous/desirable).
- A formal qualification in Quantity Surveying or similar related industry (i.e BSC Degree, HND etc).
- Strong subcontract management and procurement experience.
- Experience of working with various forms or contract (i.e. NEC Contracts, or similar).
- Strong communication (written and verbal), presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong IT skills.
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520 for more information.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.